Data Protection Notice
In applying to join the Nord Anglia Education (“NAE”) team, you will be providing us with certain personal data about yourself. This notice sets out how we will process this data and comply with the various laws to which NAE is subject to ensure that we deal with your personal data in an appropriate manner.
Who are we?
Your personal data is processed by the NAE company or school you apply to, and this company or school will be the data controller of that personal data. We may pass your data between other NAE group companies and schools for the purpose of your recruitment selection and if you are taken on, as part of your employment. Where reasonably necessary or required to do so, we may disclose these details to third parties in relation to law enforcement or regulatory investigation and also for the purpose of conducting any pre-employment checks.
What personal data may we collect about you and why?
As part of your recruitment process we may collect:
- your contact details, CV or résumé, application form details, interview notes, national insurance or other identification number, and your visa, passport or permission to work documentation
- health details (via our occupational health assessor, limited to a declaration of fitness to work)
- details of your ethnic background and disabilities you may have strictly for the purposes of monitoring compliance with anti-discrimination legislation and our policies
We may also undertake criminal records checks and where we do so you will be asked to consent to such collection and use before we or our agents undertake the search to assess your suitability for the position.
We do not conduct any vetting of applicants aside from ascertaining an applicant’s legal ability to work.
We shortlist applicants using a manual selection process, considering appropriate experience and skills for the job.
On what basis will we assess your application?
We will assess your application on the basis of your suitability to the advertised role. If we conduct any automated shortlisting we will ask for your consent ; the consent form is included at the end of this policy
What legal basis do we have for using your personal data?
We process your personal data in order to assess your application prior to entering into an employment contract with us and pursuant to laws to which NAE is subject (e.g. in relation to equal opportunities). This processing is a necessary pre-condition of entering into any future contract with you and for NAE to fulfil its employment duties with respect to other employees and you yourself (should you be employed by NAE). you are unable to provide us with the information requested, we may be unable to assess your appropriateness for the job applied for or to communicate with you.
When do we send your personal data abroad?
We hold your personal data principally in the country in which you apply for a role. However, it is sometimes necessary for us to provide details about your application to other NAE companies situated outside the European Economic Area for the purposes of your selection. When we do so, we will ensure that such transfers ensure that an appropriate level of protection is given to the personal data (and we use EU approved “Model Clauses” where appropriate in order to ensure this). The Data Protection Officer can provide you with a copy upon request.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep records of your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we obtained them and any other permitted linked purposes. If your application is unsuccessful, we will remove your details after 12 months of inactivity on the JobTrain platform, and if you agree for longer periods for the purposes of further job opportunities. Deletion of files may be suspended where required by law or in order to maintain evidence if we consider a complaint or dispute to be likely.
What are your rights in relation to the personal data we collect?
If you are situated in the EU, you have certain rights in relation to your personal data. Please be aware that certain exceptions apply to the exercise of these rights and so you will not be able to exercise these in all situations. In addition, these will vary in different EU member states.
- Subject Access: You have a right to be provided with access to any data held about you by NAE, generally within 1 month of your request.
- Rectification: You can ask us to have inaccurate Personal Data amended.
- Erasure: You can ask us to erase Personal Data in certain circumstances and we will take reasonable steps to inform other controllers that are processing the data that you have requested the erasure of any links to, copies or replication of it.
- Withdrawal of consent: You can withdraw any consents to processing that you have given us and prevent further processing if there is no other ground under which NAE can (and does) use to justify the processing your Personal Data.
- Restriction: You can require certain Personal Data to be marked as restricted whilst complaints are resolved and also restrict processing in certain other circumstances.
- Portability: You can ask us to transmit the Personal Data that you have provided to us and we still hold about you to a third party electronically.
- Raise a complaint: You can raise a complaint about our processing with the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction (for example in the UK, Information Commissioner's Office).
- Prevent processing: You can require NAE to stop any processing based on the legitimate interests ground unless NAE’s reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights.
Refer requests from Data Subjects to the Data Privacy Officer
If you are in the EU and in certain other countries you may be entitled to exercise such rights in relation to our processing of your personal data. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact the Data Privacy Officer who will advise you of NAE’s specific responsibilities in relation to your request.
Your contact for any queries
Each European NAE company has a designated Data Privacy Officer who should be contacted if you have any queries regarding the matters in this notice and their details can be found on the School websites.
Alternatively, please contact Compliance@nordanglia.com or + 852 3951 1186 for the Global Compliance Officer,