Job Title: Marketing Manager - The British International School of Kuala Lumpur
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reporting To: Director Marketing & Admission
The British International School of Kuala Lumpur (BSKL)
In an increasingly competitive market, BSKL is one of the of the best international schools in the city and continues to be a top international school of choice for both expatriate and local families.
BSKL has over 1,000 students covering Early Years, Primary and Secondary, including Sixth Form. It follows a globally respected curriculum based on the English National Curriculum, and thinks beyond traditional education to transform learning.
In 2016 BSKL was graded as excellent in all areas of educational provision by the Independent Schools Inspectorate; a result that is comparable to that of many top UK independent schools and is unprecedented in Malaysia.
About the role
As a Marketing Manager of the Department To work with the school and Regional MAC team to develop and deliver the right brand messages to all our stakeholders (parents, students and key influencers) within the school and wider community throughout all phases of the Parent Experience Journey.
Support the DAM and Regional Head of Marketing to define the USP of the school within Nord Anglia Education brand context.
- Develop local market parent and competitor understanding to feed into the definition of the ‘DNA’ of the school and the work led by the DAM and regional team on the brand equity framework, USP, message house and brand style guide.
- Support the work on how each school’s brand messages fit into the NAE brand and how they should be presented to parents.
- Support the development of local proof points aligned to the school message house.
- Support the development of campaign ideas for the school based on the USP.
Implement the brand style guide to ensure consistency and quality of positioning and visual identity in all school collateral.
- Ensure full implementation in internal and external facing materials both offline and online (school marketing collateral, website, advertising materials etc.)
- Work with the DAM, Principal and Regional Head of Marketing to ensure that décor/furnishings in the buildings (current and planned) reflect the brand positioning and visual identity.
- Ensure that the USP and school brand are consistently presented.
Implement NAE brand and campaign materials in the school.
- Ensure the core NAE brand is visible within the school.
- Implement all marketing campaigns across the school, including MIT, Juilliard, UNICEF and Global Campus.
- Ensure clear visibility of campaigns in our printed collateral and digital presence.
Support the Regional and Central Digital Marketing team to optimize the development of the website and demonstrate leadership for the school at every stage of the parent online research journey.
- Manage the school website and the school parent portal via the CMS.
- Work with the regional and central teams to optimize SEO and implement recommendations for improvement.
- Lead the Digital Health Check with the regional and central MAC team.
- Write the copy and provide any visual imagery requested by the regional and central MAC team for paid campaigns.
- Support and execute the school social media strategy in the school to drive awareness and engagement.
- Support and execute the email marketing strategy and plan for the school.
Work with the School DAM to drive awareness of our brand through great content.
- Understand what both internal and external stakeholders want to hear and support the development of a content calendar which delivers key messages in a timely and engaging way.
- Achieve the right tone and voice in all communications.
- Aggregate great content into communications that build awareness of the NAE and school brand across all school communication channels.
Working with the School DAM, lead the PR and media strategy for the school.
- Develop and build media relationships so the school is top of mind and first choice when journalists are looking for contributors.
- Leverage paid advertising and advertorials to gain editorial coverage aligned to school brand messages.
- With guidance from the School DAM, Regional and Central teams, respond appropriately to media enquiries.
- Support the school team on crisis communications working with the Regional and Central teams as appropriate.
Support the School DAM to develop the annual marketing plans for the school aligned to the regional marketing plan.
- Support the analysis of prior year performance.
- Support the development of strategies and tactics for the coming year.
- Manage the marketing budget and the ROI of marketing activities carried out.
Work with the School MAC team and Regional office on any other Marketing related activities as required.
- Perform regular competitive audits and provide business intelligence to the school MAC and SLT team and regional / central colleagues.
- Run required analytics and / or assist with preparing data for analysis.
- Assist with brand related projects such as alumni networking support.
- Support the MAC team through attendance at school recruitment events.
Provide appropriate leadership, coaching and best practice sharing to other members of the MAC and wider school team.
- Provide supportive and focused leadership to enable a Marketing Executive to reach their individual, team and school goals.
- Act as a role-model to other members of the MAC Team and coach the best from them.
- Support the DAM to develop a culture where the school engages as one and works to ensure admissions is a whole school responsibility.
- Contribute to the sharing of best practice in marketing across the MAC school team, region and group.
Take a proactive approach to personal development planning using company toolkits and procedures as appropriate.
- Take ownership for personal development and works with DAM to develop and implement a focused and straightforward Personal Development Plan.
- Seek to understand trends, new technology, and best practices in order to maintain subject matter expertise in job role.
- Take ownership for requesting feedback from others in a timely fashion.
- Provide both constructive and appreciative feedback both unprompted and when asked.
Philosophy and values:
We are ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools. We believe that:
- There is no limit to what every person can achieve.
- Creativity and challenge help us get better every day.
- Learning should be personalized.
- Unique global opportunities enhance the learning experience.
Promote and adhere to the Company Vision and Values:
- Opportunity - For us, opportunities need to be meaningful, about achieving potential and making progress.
- Impact - For us, impact is about making a difference. It needs to be immediate, positive and lasting.
- Leadership - For us, leadership is about considering the team’s needs as well as your own, setting inspiring examples, being supportive and showing real accountability and responsibility.
- Respect - For us, respect is about listening, being inclusive, showing tolerance and getting the little things right
- Each individual must ensure that they meet their statutory responsibilities and Company policies with regard to Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation and undertake any other appropriate duties as allocated by the Principal.
- Promote and embodies The CORE 7 Leadership Capabilities:
- Accountable – Establishes a high performing culture and accepts accountability for organisational performance.
- Strategic – Leads opportunity and is committed to continuous improvement aligned with the organizational vision and direction
- Collaborative – Works collaboratively with others to achieve organisational outcomes
- Entrepreneurial – Creates organisational value for diverse stakeholders and achieves commercial success
- Enabling – Drives excellence through valuing and developing others
- Agile – Achieves personal and organisational success within a changing, dynamic and complex environment
- Resilient – Demonstrates personal resilience within a demanding environment of high expectations
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils.
- Willingness to undertake appropriate child protection training when required
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience / Knowledge/ Skills
- Minimum 5 years working in a marketing team/environment (agency or client side)
- Good cross-cultural, interpersonal & communication skills to interact with diverse nationalities and cultures
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience of having managed a team
- Experience of having worked within a service delivery sector, education sector experience a bonus
- Experience of brand equity development
- Experience of campaign development including creative materials
- Good analytical skills and evaluation of ROI, KPIs
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good copywriting skills with excellent written English
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both Country of residence/birth and any Country of residence within the last 10 years.
If the opportunity to work in a progressive school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, please send us your application.
Applications must be submitted via the school website.
The closing date for applications is 3.00 pm on the 30th May 2020. Early applications are strongly encouraged
Nord Anglia Education schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with past employers, and an enhanced DBS.
At Nord Anglia Education, we work every day to inspire our students, schools and employees to be the best they can be and we are ambitious for them all to achieve more than they thought possible in their personal, social and academic endeavours. Within our family of schools, this aspiration is underpinned by a commitment to always act with respect, integrity, openness and courage. These qualities are the foundation of how we approach our work and roles within Nord Anglia Education and are shared by everyone in our global family.