Dates: October 2019
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: One Year
The British International School of Kuala Lumpur (BSKL) is one of the leading international schools in Kuala Lumpur offering contemporary British international education to students from Pre-Nursery through to Sixth Form.
Our school values developing the whole child- academically, pastorally and socially with the principles of Positive Education underpinning our approach. With the child at the centre of our decision making we believe that we are best-placed to offer an outstanding education for all students in our care.
BSKL has been graded as excellent in all areas of educational provision by the Independent Schools Inspectorate, and is a member of Nord Anglia Education offering numerous opportunities for professional growth. Through our evidence-based Professional Learning Pathways we are at the forefront of new thinking in the classroom, ensuring that our staff have all the tools to provide for outstanding teaching and learning.
At Nord Anglia Education, we work every day to inspire our students, schools and employees to be the best they can be and we are ambitious for them all to achieve more than they thought possible in their personal, social and academic endeavours. Within our family of schools, this aspiration is underpinned by a commitment to always act with respect, integrity, openness and courage. These qualities are the foundation of how we approach our work and roles within Nord Anglia Education and are shared by everyone in our global family.
To begin in October 2019, we require dedicated, forward-thinking Assistant Teachers to help support our teachers create the very best learning experiences for our children.
Suitable candidates for this post will:
Be a Malaysian passport holder or be eligible to work in Malaysia (e.g. with a talent corp visa)
Hold a high standard of education (minimum diploma level, honours degree advantageous)
Have a minimum of 1 year relevant class based experience.
Understand and be able to articulate how their skills would have a positive impact on pupil learning.
Want to play an active role in the co-curricular life of a busy international school.
We will provide:
- A competitive salary
- Medical cover
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
- Opportunities exist for promotion and development both within the school and the wider global network of Nord Anglia Education (subject to visa requirements). Access to our e-learning platform, Nord Anglia University, and exclusive collaborations with world leading organisations such as The Juilliard School, MIT and King’s College London will give you the opportunity to advance at every stage of your career
Your role as an Assistant Teacher:
- Assist in creating a stimulating learning environment.
- Play a key role in supporting the delivery of effective learning experiences.
- Be responsible for the welfare of the children in the class.
- Contribute to the whole-school ethos, environment and organisation
- Be a positive role model to pupils and colleagues.
- Be professional and demonstrate excellent standards at all times.
- Assist development of Assistant teachers.
Applications must be submitted via the school website.
The closing date is Friday 30th September 2019.
The Nord Anglia Education Group and all NAE schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with past employers or tutors/mentors and need to provide a Certificate of Good conduct that can be obtained from the Malaysian authorities.
Please browse our website https://britishschool.edu.my/ to find out more about the school.
The British International School of Kuala Lumpur:
No 1 Changkat Bukit Utama, Bandar Utama,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, 47800 Malaysia
+60 3 7727 7775