Nord Anglia International School is seeking a full time Building Premises Manager/Assistant Manager. This position comes along with a full benefits package including 401K options and medical/dental/vision health benefits. This role requires plumbing and electrical experience (installation; plastering; etc). Should have S12 & S95 certifications or would be willing to obtain immediately upon hire (company to reimburse for certification exams).
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) smooth running of the school, health and safety key areas, collaboration/scheduling of outside contractos, project management and compliance. These include the following:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: DAILY RUNNING OF SCHOOL
• Support the Director of Operations in the careful and daily management of the premises through effective daily / documented premises walk-throughs and appropriate follow up
• Undertake a daily walk through of the buildings ensuring all issue are systematically and consistently recorded using an agreed format with copies shared with the Director of Ops and HR and Principal each morning
• Ensure issues identified via the daily walk through are effectively addressed in a timely manner
• Ensure effective line management of the school's buildings premises manager
• Work with the Director of Operations to record drills or events, monthly inspections and other Health and Safety tasks on RIVO.
• Oversee and manage in accordance with the Assistant Premises Manager preparations for school events including but not limited to: assemblies, performances, parents evening, speech day and school productions etc
• Ensure the school premises, with the support of the school's assistant premises manager as needed, are returned promptly to a clean and orderly state after all events
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: OUTSIDE CONTRACTORS
Effective management of all aspects of sourcing, appointing and managing contractors from inception to completion as follows:
• Source effective and efficient contractors as required ensuring best value is achieved at all times
• Obtain written quotes for agreed scope of work
• Ensure signed contract briefs are in place before work commences in consultation the Director of Operations and the Principal
• Ensure all contractors are fully compliant with any safeguarding and related requirements
• Ensure all contractors understand how to access the premises and the need to wear visitor ID badges at all times
• Ensure all aspects of work are personally supervised and monitored at all times, ensuring any potential issues are highlighted and effectively addressed at the earliest possible opportunity
• Sign off completed work and ensure prompt payment is arranged through the school's finance manager and subsequently received
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: COMPLIANCE
Support the work of the Director of Operations to ensure the school remains fully compliant with all "NY Code", NAE requirements and other related requirements as follows:
• Be familiar with NYC building requirements and take immediate proactive corrective steps as required in consultation with the Director of Operations and Principal
• Ensure an accurate and up-to-date timetable for all building inspections and related record keeping is in place at all times (including on SharePoint)
• Ensure an up to date Fire Marshalls license is in place at all times
• Schedule and accompany inspections of school building, machinery and site, including fire service inspections
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: HEALTH AND SAFETY
Ensure the school is operating in a safe manner and a healthy environment as follows:
• Work with the Principal and Director of Operations to ensure the school is effective in addressing all H&S audit requirements including daily updates of the "SMP Schedule" on SharePoint and sharing any observed concerns with the Director of Operations and Principal
• Provide effective management to the assistant premises manager responsible for daily maintenance
• Take appropriate action to swiftly to eliminate/reduce any identifiable risks
• Ensure the timely and effective communication and follow up of any identified H&S issues directly with staff, to keep accurate records of such incidents and to report ongoing issues with the Director of Operations and Principal
• Ensure all Fire Extinguishers have an up to date maintenance checks
Promote and embodies The CORE 7 Leadership Capabilities:
- 1. Accountable – Establishes a high performing culture and accepts accountability for organisational performance.
- 2. Strategic – Leads opportunity and is committed to continuous improvement aligned with the organisational vision and direction
- 3. Collaborative – Works collaboratively with others to achieve organisational outcomes
- 4. Entrepreneurial – Creates organisational value for diverse stakeholders and achieves commercial success
- 5. Enabling – Drives excellence through valuing and developing others
- 6. Agile – Achieves personal and organisational success within a changing, dynamic and complex environment
- 7. Resilient – Demonstrates personal resilience within a demanding environment of high expectations
- 8. Each individual must ensure that they meet their statutory responsibilities and Company policies with regard to Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation
- 9. A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils.
- 10. Willingness to undertake appropriate child protection training when required
- Must be proactive in understanding and working with the school's policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other task as reasonably requested by Principal.
- Reliability and accountability is very important with this role - it's a crucial role to the daily running of our school building.
- All staff are required to manage effective personal development as part of the Company's commitment to invest in staff as a key resource in the organization.
- All staff must ensure that they meet their statutory responsibilities with regard to Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Equal Opporunities, and other relevant legislation, and should conform to the professional and ethical requirements.