The Athletic Trainer at The Village School diagnoses, treats and prevents student-athlete injuries. The Athletic Trainer will assume the responsibility and obligation of establishing and maintaining the athletic training program for high school and middle school athletics.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING:
- Master’s degree in Athletic Training
- 3+ years experience in high school setting
- CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor Certification
- Knowledge of RankOneSport Electronic Medical Record
- IASTM/ CES / PES / or other advanced rehabilitation certification
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
- Evaluates injuries and develops treatment and rehabilitation plans within the scope of practice.
- Re-evaluates treatment plans, as needed, to ensure maximum patient benefit.
- Implements individualized therapeutic interventions, and monitors responses to therapy
to ensure client safety. Reports progress and medical changes to referring physician, respective coach and Athletic Directors.
- Educates clients, families, and coaches regarding injuries, risk factor modification, and exercise programs.
- Conducts injury screening clinics, educational programs, and workshops to promote safety and injury prevention.
- Documents patient treatment per professional and regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of TVS policies and procedures, academic requirements, campus resources, student life, and support services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; teaching or public speaking experience preferred.
- Ability to build good rapport with a variety of constituents.
- Attention to detail and successful organizational skills.
- Problem-solving skills, dependable, cooperative, multi-tasking, responsible, and patient.
- Computer proficiency and student integrated management system experience preferred.
- Ability to encourage and empower students to make their own decisions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule—possible weekend and evening meetings.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student population, including minority and international students.
See Full Job Description Attached.
Please note: we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.