Regional Applications Manager - Europe
Nord Anglia Education is world’s leading premium schools organisation. Our family of 61 schools is united by a common philosophy - to be ambitious for our students, people and schools. We believe there is no limit to what our students can achieve and our approach supports every child to succeed academically, socially and personally. The Europe, Middle East and India Region encompasses 27 schools across 14 countries.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of application support management experience and 2 years project management experience, in roles that require involvement and understanding of application delivery. Aware of industry and professional standards. Familiar with integrated application environments, including Student Information Systems, Salesforce CRM and Virtual Learning Environments using cloud services.
- Familiar with methodologies and project tools such as PRINCE2, Agile and Microsoft Project. Familiar with application development tools (e.g. Visual Studio, Oracle Developer). Familiar with specified programming languages (e.g. .Net, SQL, C#), and integration techniques (e.g. API, service bus). Familiar with methods and techniques for structured reviews.
- Degree qualified and/or relevant professional qualification and experience (e.g. MCSD, Prince 2 Foundation)
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Manage the introduction of core applications supported by centralised shared services IT function into schools managed by the associated region.
- Liaise with the shared service function to understand product operation in detail and agree the project methodology and process for delivery of the applications into each school.
- Liaise with the school representatives and staff responsible for using the applications, demonstrating the solution operation, evaluating school requirements, identifying operational gaps, gathering required data and agreeing the plan for implementation.
- Take ownership of delivery of the implementation plan, including responsibility for technical configuration of the product, desktop configuration and network integration.
- Liaise with the schools to facilitate resolution of operational problems, change requests and provide appropriate training and technical support.
- Take ownership of application incidents, ensuring appropriate priorities are set, required resources are engaged and regular communication is in place.
- Manage the application support incident queue to ensure timely resolution of escalated incidents.
- Provide clear impact assessment and follow up actions for incidents using knowledge of operational processes captured through regular meetings with the schools.
- Ensure division of responsibilities is well-maintained between 1st, 2nd and 3rd line teams.
- Monitor and improve the approach taken by staff when handling support tickets.
- Act as a point of escalation to troubleshoot and resolve issues as required.
- Handle communications across NAE for major incidents.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Manage application updates covering communication to business departments, training of business and IT departments, co-ordination of the application updates and provision of operational support plans.
- Carry out other tasks as agreed.
Market competitive compensation.
When you join a Nord Anglia Education school, you join a global community of approximately 9,000 people working together to support our students’ success. We offer you unsurpassed opportunities to innovate and develop best practice across our family, to access extensive professional development, and to gain exceptional experience and career development in our schools. At Nord Anglia, you will have opportunities to progress more, learn more, and collaborate more.
We offer career and development opportunities that come with being part of our global organisation. Nord Anglia University unites our team through a vibrant online platform which harnesses the collective expertise of their peers in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. We also provide extensive online and face-to-face professional development through Nord Anglia University to ensure that our teachers don’t just maintain their skills, they develop at the cutting edge of educational thinking. Our collaborations with The Juilliard School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) offers our teacher’s unrivalled access to leading experts in their fields. We also offer selected candidates from our staff worldwide an opportunity to earn their Executive Master’s in International Education in an exclusive collaboration with King’s College London.
We welcome applications from those that are passionate about education and have the skills and experience to make a signiﬁcant impact.
Interviews: Details to be confirmed
First stage interviews may be conducted by Skype or telephone and final interviews will take place either in London or Switzerland. Candidates are encouraged to apply early as we reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.