Lead and manage the school Finance, IT, Facilities, Transport, and Logistics functions efficiently ensuring internal and external reporting requirements are met.
Provide the School Principal and SLT with the commercial, financial and operational support required to run and develop a highly successful school.
Demonstrate a thorough and comprehensive understanding of business performance and support the achievement of the Schools budget and strategic objectives.
Ensure compliance and internal controls are effective and ongoing.
Ensure effective production, management and reporting for areas supervised.
Evaluate and provide advice on improving the financial and operational performance of the school and contribute to the development of strategy and business plans.
Prepare school budgets and forecasts and manage the purchase order and capital expenditure approval process.
- Oversee the leaders of the Facilities, Transport, Logistics and IT teams and ensure their management strategy aligns with the wider business strategy and ensure continuous improvement and ongoing increased efficiency.
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Maintain accurate financial records
- Oversee the efficient processing of AR, AP and cash book transactions
- Effectively control all student enrolment contracts, billing and cash collections
- To ensure that payroll data is accurately notified to the payroll department by the given deadline
- Manage purchase order processing ensuring the correct authorizations are obtained prior to placing orders.
- Manage vendor contracts and leases and oversee renewals and additions ensuring adherence to policies and authorization limits
- Manage the capital appraisal and expenditure process ensuring that an appropriate business case is developed and a capex approval form raised and correctly authorized
- Ensure the security of the Schools assets and accuracy of the fixed asset register
- Produce timely and informative management reports to the School SLT, Principal and Regional Management
- To ensure effective internal controls that adhere to the Groups finance policies and implement new procedures as necessary.
- Ensure you keep up to date with local accounting, tax and other statutory regulations and file local statutory returns as appropriate with above
Business Planning and Forecasting
- Assist in the production of the Schools 3 year strategic business plan and development of the associated business plan
- In conjunction with the Principal and Schools Senior Leadership team produce the annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts as required.
- Manage the budget and forecast process for the school working with Regional Finance to produce the required templates and reports to Nord Anglia group deadlines.
- Ensure that profit improvement is a key part of the budget process, driving enrolment and revenue, eliminating waste and ensuring best value for money
Budget Management and Reporting
- Ensure the school maintains costs within agreed budget levels.
- Monitor actual spend against budget on a budget holder and account heading basis.
- Liaise with budget holders on a regular basis to ensure that they are aware of their budgets and what they have spent to date.
- Take action to ensure that budget holders do not go over their budgets during the year.
- Develop internal management reports to aid the Principal and SLT in the management of the school and budget holders in the management of their individual budgets.
- Ensure that Regional Finance are kept up to date with new cost and invoice accruals at each month end.
- In conjunction with Regional Finance develop and produce monthly management reports for review with the Principal, SLT and NAE Regional Management.
- Ensure the timely and accurate production of invoices for tuition fees and all ancillary charges.
- Actively manage the credit control process to ensure that all debts are collected by the due date.
- Ensure supplier payments are paid in a timely manner that are within but not before agreed terms.
- Produce weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts as required by Regional Finance
- An experienced leader with demonstrated ability to manage multiple functional areas of the business.
- Accountant or business manager educated to degree level majoring in business or finance, CPA or MBA qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience and proven ability in a business management and finance role with excellent excel and presentation skills for the purpose of reporting to non-financial managers.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, and to gather, analyze, and consolidate data for management reporting and provide concise variance analysis.
- Experience of operational leadership, with the ability to develop and implement strategic plans across working groups.
- A working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Previously operated at a senior level within medium/large companies.
- Experience within the education sector/training/human capital business advantageous.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks.
- Able to achieve high level results across all areas of operations management and finance.
- Excellent database, accounting and excel skills mandatory.