Assistant Group Financial Accountant
Nord Anglia Education is looking to recruit an Assistant Financial Accountant to support the Group Financial Accountant and Group Financial Accounting Manager in the monthly financial close process and deliverance of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting in conjunction with Group Accounting Policy and IFRS.
We seek a talented finance professional to be responsible in the following key areas:
- General assistance in the monthly financial close process, consolidation and intercompany eliminations, and various other monthly, quarterly and annual external and internal reporting requirements
- Responsibility for the preparation and delivery of the standalone statutory accounts for annual audit.
- Provision of financial reporting and accounting policy support to the regional finance teams.
- Assist the Group Financial Accountant in documenting the formal accounting treatment of significant contracts or transactions and obtain a timely sign-off from the auditors.
- Performance of, and compliance with internal controls with respect to the Group’s external reporting and continuous improvement of controls.
- Preparation and submission of additional ad-hoc management reports and analyses.
- Improvements in the efficiency of the monthly financial close process results in the close process being reduced significantly
- Work cross-functionally to provide clear and concise accounting advice on significant and unusual transactions.
Successful Candidate will Possess:
- Strong academic and intellectual background, degree level.
- Some IFRS exposure or technical understanding
- At-least 3 years working experience in multi-national organisation at a Group level, candidates from Big4 or top 10 practice welcome
- Advanced Excel skills including macro’s, pivot tables and data modelling.
- Experience of implementing and overseeing reporting systems (Hyperion/HFM or Navision)
- Strong commercial background previously worked for international organisation.
- Part Qualified or Newly Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Ability to influence and drive change internally
- Experience of fast paced, dynamic environments
Nord Anglia Education is looking for someone with a strong desire to work for a fast growing organisation and have an affinity with and an interest in education. You will be self-motivated, flexible and adaptable and be driven to strive for continual improvement.
As a member of the world’s s leading premium schools organisation you will be joining an active network of like-minded people in London and across the globe. This is an exciting position to join a team that plays a key role in Nord Anglia Education’s growth strategy. This role requires a substantial level of self-reliance, diligence, and the ability to work collaboratively with partners located across the world.