International Baccalaureate Diploma Biology and Chemistry Teacher
- The employee represents the College with openness, helpfulness, correctness and courtesy.
- He acts with honesty, discernment and flexibility, in the interest of the College.
- He adopts a positive, constructive and cooperative spirit with his colleagues and the hierarchy.
- He gives the example of a progress approach by setting individual objectives in agreement with his supervisor.
- He encourages creativity and initiative.
- He fosters team spirit.
- He ensures coordination with his colleagues at work.
- He is informed of the various internal communications.
- He respects the material made available to him, which remains the property of Collège Champittet
Mission (purpose) of the function
Teaching Biology and Chemistry to our International Baccalaureate students.
The successful candidate should be a team player and will join a dynamic department of teaching staff, in a highly motivating Swiss French and International setting.
Collège Champittet, school of reference in the Lake Geneva region since 1903, offers excellent education to generations of Swiss and foreign students. Its unique spirit revolves around academic performance, multilingualism and values such as respect and trust.
The Collège is part of the North Anglia Education family, the world leader in quality schools. In this dynamic environment, both local and international, we invite you to join our team at our Pully campus.
Your key responsibilities :
- Teach Biology and Chemistry for the IB diploma programme;
- Supervise extended essays within the IB diploma programme;
- Ability to use a variety of teaching approaches to deliver the curriculum, including ICT integration;
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils;
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge;
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils, including those of high ability, and those with special educational needs;
- Communicate effectively with parents with regard to pupils’ achievements and wellbeing;
- Give pupils regular feedback, both orally and through accurate marking, and encourage pupils to respond to the feedback.
Your profile :
- Teaching qualification at graduate level or above;
- Mandatory IB Biology and Chemistry teaching experience; including EAL students
- Native-level English; basic knowledge of French is also preferred but not essential;
- Proven track record of excellence in teaching with at least three years’ experience in the IB diploma, ideally in an international school setting;
- Experience as an Extended Essay supervisor and/or IB examiner is an asset;
- Passionate about education and young people;
- Clear criminal background checks.
- Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates holding a Swiss work permit or having a Swiss/EU/ UK citizenship.
Skills and Competencies
The Biology and Chemistry teacher will:
- Use and develop the existing resources to teach Biology and Chemistry in the IBDP
- Supervise Extended Essays in Biology and Chemistry within the IBDP programme.
- Teach Biology and Chemistry to IB students (including ESL)
- Good interpersonal skills and classroom management skills
- Ability to use a variety of teaching approaches to deliver the curriculum, including ICT integration
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
University Degree in Biology/ Chemistry or related science
Experience of teaching in Biology and Chemistry.
Previous experience in an international school setting.
Previous experience of teaching IB Biology.
Previous experience of teaching IB Chemistry
Previous experience of teaching to ESL students.
Prior Skills and Knowledge
Good rapport with students
Good organizational skills.
ICT literacy, both with educational tools and mainstream software.
English mother tongue or equivalent fluency.
Working knowledge in French (B1 level)
Experience as Extended Essay supervisor
Experience as IB examiner
Must be able to work as part of a team.
Ability to work to tight deadlines.