Senior Customer Support Analyst
Location: Central London
Nord Anglia Education is looking to recruit a Senior Customer Support Analyst to Provide to the users in the London office with quality IT customer services and maintain the London office IT equipment.
As a member of the central support IT team in our new London headquarters location, we are looking for someone to provide front-line, user-focused support for incidents and requests reported to the IT Service Desk. The appointed Senior Customer Support Analyst will create a positive customer support experience and build strong relationships.
We seek a talented, qualified and experienced, IT Support professional with an affinity for education to accelerate the great work achieved to date and lead/support in the following key areas, but not limited to:
- Provide front-line, user-focused support for incidents and requests reported to the IT Service Desk via telephone, walk-in, email and chat.
- Maintain the desktop, printing, mobile and AV equipment of the office.
- Follow established processes and guidelines for logging incidents and requests and escalates issues to appropriate support teams for resolution.
- Assist to maintain the IT inventory up-to-date and with the procurement of IT equipment.
The Successful Candidate will possess
- Graduated in computer science or related disciplines
- 5+ years of experience delivering field 1 level support services
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows 10, MS Office apps, MS Office 365,
- Proven experience supporting Apple MAC and iPhones support
- Experience in managing user accounts in Active Directory (Azure AD & AD on premise)
- 3+ years of experience supporting Office 365 & Skype for Business
We are looking to recruit someone with a strong desire to work for a fast-growing organisation and have an affinity with and an interest in education. You will be results orientated, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable and be driven to strive for continual improvement.
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium international schools organisation. Our 61 premium schools are located in China, Europe, Middle East, Southeast Asia and the Americas. Together, they educate more than 61,000 students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary education. We are driven by one unifying philosophy: we are ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools.
By joining Nord Anglia Education you will become part of a committed and innovative team. As a member of the world’s leading premium schools group you will be joining an active network of like-minded people across the world.
On-line applications should include a CV and covering letter along with details of two professional referees.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.