Graduate Assisant required for September 2019
Are you a young graduate who is looking for the opportunity to experience life in a bilingual boarding school in the Swiss Alps? This may appeal to those thinking about a career as a teacher or working with young people, as well as those wishing to improve their language skills.
The school is located in a small alpine village in French speaking Switzerland. The village itself provides ample opportunity for skiing in the winter and outdoor pursuits in the summer. Geneva airport is 2 hours by bus and train, and Lausanne, Montreux and Geneva itself are all within easy reach.
The primary role of the graduate assistant is to act as a residential assistant in a boarding house, but there are also extensive opportunities for involvement in other areas of school life, such as supporting students in lessons and helping to run extra-curricular and weekend activities (including the ski programme during the winter term).
General duties will include:
· Working as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the Boarding House and the wellbeing of the students in the house
· Morning and Evening duties in the Boarding House
· Overnight supervision in the Boarding House as required
· Various Boarding and School supervision duties as required
· Study supervision
· Help supervise the Library or small study groups
· Assist with extra‐curricular activities
· Work alongside the school nurses to provide support and take students to doctors/dental appointments
· Reception duties
· Airport transfers
· Attend weekly Training and Support Meetings
· Any other duties which may be required from time to time by the School
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be made via the Nord Anglia Education recruitment website at http://www.beausoleil.ch/en/about-us/employment-opportunities and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees.
The closing date for applications is 31st March 2019. Successful short listed candidates will be contacted with initial discussions conducted remotely by telephone or Skype.
College Alpin Beau Soleil is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment.