Regional Counsel –Middle East, China and South East Asia
Nord Anglia Education is looking to recruit Regional Counsel to support the growth of the Group through execution of M&A, greenfield developments and in school expansion, and to provide operational support to the Regions by acting as first point of legal contact for regional and school leadership teams for the Regions which the position is responsible for.
As a member of the central support Legal team, we are looking for someone to manage relationship and engagement with external lawyers and other service providers across our growing family of 61 schools. The appointed Regional Counsel will lead and manage all corporate development projects including M&A, greenfield/brownfield development and construction
We seek a talented, qualified and experienced lawyer (qualified in Hong Kong, Australia or another common law jurisdiction), with training in an international law firm and possessing substantial experience in M&A transactions, and experience working with international laws and cross border transactions. You should possess an affinity for education to accelerate the great work achieved to date and lead/support in the following key areas, but not limited to:
- Manage relationship and engagement with external lawyers and other service providers
- Lead and manage all corporate development projects including M&A, greenfield/brownfield development and construction
- Handle operational matters for other group functions, relevant schools and regional offices
- Handle corporate legal matters e.g. board meeting and approval processes
- Ensure all legal transactions comply with group policies
- Oversee the management and filing of legal documents and corporate records
- Manage and give guidance to more junior members of the team
Successful Candidate will possess
- Experienced lawyer, qualified in HK,Australia, UK or another common law jurisdiction
- Training in an international law firm with substantial experience in M&A transactions
- Knowledge and experience working with international laws and cross border transactions
- Experience working with senior management teams
- Exceptional Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint skills
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent Chinese communication skills both written and verbal
- High-level drafting and negotiation skills
- Experience with real estate transactions, litigation and corporate finance transactions
- Prior in-house experience
- Prior experience with a Variable Interest Entity structure in China for the regional counsel covering the China region
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across a broad range of stakeholders
We are looking to recruit someone with a strong desire to work for a fast-growing organisation and have an affinity with and an interest in education. You will be results orientated, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable and be driven to strive for continual improvement.
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium international schools organisation. Our 61 international schools are located in China, Europe, Middle East, Southeast Asia and the Americas. Together, they educate more than 61,000 students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary education. We are driven by one unifying philosophy: we are ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools.
By joining Nord Anglia Education you will become part of a committed and innovative team. As a member of the world’s leading premium schools group you will be joining an active network of like-minded people across the world.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.