Deputy Company Secretary
Location: Central London
Nord Anglia Education is looking to recruit a Deputy Company Secretary to manage the Company Secretarial function, including subsidiary management, governance, KYC and supporting on M&A and other projects.
As a member of the central support Legal team in our new London headquarters location, we are looking for someone to serve as point of contact for outsourced registered agents and company secretarial service providers; liaise with the external legal counsels, auditors or any other parties as and when required; and liaise with various departments and offices in different countries and time zones across our growing family of 56 schools
We seek a talented, qualified and experienced, company secretarial professional with an affinity for education to accelerate the great work achieved to date and lead/support in the following key areas, but not limited to:
- Managing a group-wide framework to ensure group companies comply with local requirements;
- Maintain corporate compliance calendar;
- Implementing tools and procedures to improve record-keeping of group company information.
- Responsible for incorporation of new companies relating to real estate projects as well as integration of acquired companies for M&A projects;
- Assisting in drafting board minutes/resolutions;
- Responsible for company secretarial compliance in relation to statutory filings (e.g. company forms and directors’ declarations), annual general meetings and filing annual returns;
- Preparing documents for declaring dividend, updating registered addresses and/or change of directors etc. when needed, sending copies of minutes/resolutions/documents to the auditor as and when required, and etc.;
- Day to day responsibility of consolidating/maintaining statutory registers/corporate documents for legal entities within the Group and maintaining and keeping updated the companies’ statutory books as well as in the Global Subsidiary Management System;
- Handling KYC and/or due diligent requests;
- Arranging execution of documents for regional offices and/or schools
- Arranging notarization/legalization of documents as and when required;
- Execution of the relevant school debentures such as Hong Kong;
- Updating and/or generating corporate structure charts as and when required; and
- Updating and maintaining companies’ info at in Global Subsidiary Management System.
The Successful Candidate will possess the following:
- Degree holder
- ICSA qualification or equivalent
- Solid post-qualification company secretarial experience
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio
- High level planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Willing to help and flexible
- The ability to work accurately and meet tight deadlines
- The ability to identify issues, suggest and implement solutions as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in a wide variety of countries and time zones
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in an MNC environment
- Experience in an in-house company secretarial function preferred
- Willingness to learn is essential.
We are looking to recruit someone with a strong desire to work for a fast-growing organisation and have an affinity with and an interest in education. You will be results orientated, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable and be driven to strive for continual improvement.
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium international schools organisation. Our 56 international schools are located in China, Europe, Middle East, Southeast Asia and the Americas. Together, they educate more than 51,000 students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary education. We are driven by one unifying philosophy: we are ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools.
By joining Nord Anglia Education you will become part of a committed and innovative team. As a member of the world’s leading premium schools group you will be joining an active network of like-minded people across the world.
On-line applications should include a CV and covering letter along with details of two professional referees.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.