The Village School is accepting online applications for the position of Substitute Teacher in Houston, Texas.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
The successful candidate will be able to manage the students learning in accordance with the goals and directives of each Division.
- Maintains a safe and welcoming classroom environment
- Leads and facilitates classroom activity and pre-determined lesson plans
- Models positive and appropriate classroom behavior
- Maintains a clean and organized classroom environment
- Supports and assists fellow staff management
- Maintains a high level of energy throughout the work day
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information
- Maintains discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive learning environment
- Ensures the adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students
- Reports to office upon arrival at school and takes role in the classroom
- Returns instructional materials, equipment, and keys to proper place
- Complies with and supports school and state regulations and policies
- 4 year college degree required for all classroom substitutes; at least 2 year degree for Pre-School substitutes
- Self-motivated and self-directed when needed
- Strong sense of urgency and proactive follow through
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint and Google a plus
- Candidates must attend an orientation/onboarding session prior to start date
- Duties performance typically in school settings include: classrooms, gymnasium, cafeteria, auditorium, and recreational areas
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting and occasional other physical duties may be required
- Indoor and outdoor environmental exposure
The Village School is an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.