Summer Camp Assistant Manager
The most important word at the Beau Soleil Summer Camp is a short one: “DO”
At Beau Soleil, our Summer Camp is huge fun! We welcome children aged 7 to 17 from around the world to an exceptional environment where they are challenged, encouraged and supported through a wide range of activities and experiences. The Beau Soleil Summer camp is the experience of a lifetime where international friendships are born and participant’s self-confidence is developed.
Key to our success are the people we employ! Our summer camp staff are enthusiastic, happy, motivated and above all have a desire to share their spirit of fun with the children at camp. Animators lead and share with children a huge variety of carefully planned activities and coaching sessions, all set in the spectacular surroundings of the Swiss Alps.
The Assistant Manager will work closely with the Summer camp Manager to maintain the smooth running of the daily camp activities, events and management of the team of animators.
With a strong eye for detail, you will help ensure that all the daily activities and tasks are run smoothly and that there is communication and understanding between all relevant stakeholders.
Responsible for the training and supervision of a team of animators, you will work to build a strong team spirit amongst the animators, training them to manage the security and safety of the children in their care whilst maintaining a spirit of fun.
- Administrative tasks as required by the camp manager
- Assist with the daily camp operations management
- Assist with the pre-camp preparation
- Assist in management of animator team
- Replace the Camp Manager when required
- Assure rules of health and safety are up to date an being followed throughout the camp period
- Act as a point of contact & respond to parent enquiries & questions
- Assist in organization and delivery of the training week
- Support the camp manager in all the administrative tasks
- Assign staff activities and other responsibilities
- Previous experience in a summer camp ideally at management level
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills and previous experience with pupils management systems
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks
- Flexible, adaptable, with a strong resistance to stress and ability to work long hours
- Enjoy working with children from 7 to 17 years old
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English and French, knowledge of any other language is an asset
- Current first aid certificate
- Motivated, innovative and flexible
The college has a commitment to protect and promote the welfare of children, selected candidates will be required to submit a criminal record check.
- Place of work : Villars-sur-Ollon in the Swiss Alps
- Availability from June (50%) & July (100%). End of the camp the 7th of August