Collège du Léman is one of Switzerland’s most prestigious international day and boarding schools, located on the edge of Lake Geneva in view of the Swiss Alps.
The school helps students to find their place in the world by inspiring individual growth, academic excellence, and global citizenship.
It is a truly international community with more than 150 different nationalities among the 1600 day and 240 boarding students. They come together on a green, village-like campus covering 8 hectares.
Main purpose of the role
As an A/P and G/L accountant, you will assist the chief accountant in preparing quality accounts, support the purchasing process and meeting the requirements of the group and the authorities in a timely manner.
- Support the purchasing process by securing all key controls with various departments
- Prepare journal entries, perform accounts reconciliation and analyses
- Assure monthly closing assignments
- Participate in financial reporting, in both IFRS and Swiss Gaap
- Contribute to tax compliance, including VAT reporting
- Take part in the group’s policies application and procedure writing
- Be a key contact point for internal and external audits
- Follow up on insurance contracts, including Boarders’ health insurance
- Report and analyze budgets by department
- Manage the departmental credit-card authorizations and reconciliation
- Will be a key player in the future implementation of a new financial system
- Back-up of the A/P Accountant
Skills and Competencies
You will interact with the administrative teams within the school as well as the head offices in Lausanne and London. You will make sure to meet internal and external requirements and deadlines.
The main skills required to endorse this role are:
- Good interpersonal skills, collaborative, and team player
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English
- Rigorous and detail-oriented
- Pressure resilient and flexible in busy times
- Hands-on and good organizational skills
- Practical and analytical spirit
- Autonomous and keen on taking initiatives
- Accounting knowledge, with sound experience in IFRS accounting
- Expert in Excel and financial systems
- IFRS standards mastered
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools, expert in Excel
- At ease with any accounting software
- Experience in a multinational environment is preferred
- Swiss Gaap is preferred
- Audit experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Navision, Continia, Jet report and OneStream is an asset
- Appetite for financial systems upgrades and optimization is an asset.
It is important that you are always aware of Child Protection guidelines and observe a professional distance from students whilst developing effective working and caring relationships.
You understand and embrace the importance of diversity and inclusion and stand against discrimination. Background investigations and reference checks for the past ten years will be conducted during the selection process.