PRINCIPAL, THE BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL ABU DHABI
This is a fantastic opportunity for a forward-thinking, ambitious, and experienced professional to join our team as the Principal of The British International School Abu Dhabi (BIS Abu Dhabi).
BIS Abu Dhabi opened in 2009 and has quickly establishing itself as the school of choice for over 1800 students in Abu Dhabi and has grown to become one of the largest schools in Nord Anglia Education’s family of 76 international schools.
BIS Abu Dhabi is an extremely well-resourced school where technology is embedded into the curriculum at every level. In addition, it has an excellent range of specialist facilities for Science, Performing and Visual Arts alongside its Sports facilities.
Following the English National Curriculum in the primary leading into IGCSE and the IBDP in secondary, the school achieves impressive examination results. The graduating students in 2021 achieved and average IB Diploma Score of 38.0 points.
The school recently obtained the highest possible grades from the annual government inspection. This is on top of the two awards won at the prestigious International School Awards in both 2020 and 2021 – the only school in the world to do so.
As part of the Nord Anglia Education family of schools, the schools share resources and knowledge within our group of 76 Nord Anglia schools around the world. The Global Campus connects students with other Nord Anglia Education schools based in 31 different countries worldwide. Students are able to extend their international experience through opportunities to learn abroad, to connect with more than 68,000 students through our innovative online platform, and to take advantage of exciting experiences and expeditions. Through our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT and UNICEF, we embrace innovation to ensure students and teachers have the skills and knowledge they will need to succeed in the future.
As a principal you will be supported by your peer principals as well as the regional and central NAE teams. In addition, all principals are also enrolled on the new NAE Principals In Role Support (PIRS) programme which includes sessions with an executive coach.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join us as Principal and member of the NAE Global SLT. You will ensure our school offers the very best international experience for our students, delivering learning opportunities inside and outside the classroom to an outstanding level for our outstanding students.
You should be familiar with the UK curriculum and experienced in international schooling. We are looking for a proven track-record in school leadership and a strong understanding of and respect for different cultures so that you can confidently work with school leaders, teachers, students and parents with diverse cultural backgrounds. Creativity, motivation, communication skills and adaptability are essential to make a significant impact in this important role.
The successful candidate will lead the schools to:
- Relentlessly pursue outstanding academic performance for all students;
- Strengthen and develop the school’s mission, vision and strategic plan while ensuring the teaching and learning in the school is of the highest quality;
- Support the marketing and admissions process of the school with passion and an adherence to quality, thus ensuring the school remains full and in high demand;
- Develop and lead a culture of professional learning within the teaching body and develop the use of forward-looking technology in teaching and learning;
- Promote our values through the opportunities we offer, the impact we make, the leadership we demonstrate and the respect we know that everyone deserves;
- Ensure the school is a well-organised, efficient and effective hive of purposeful activity from the start to the end of each school day and beyond;
- Build and monitor the necessary teams and systems to run the school effectively.
What we are looking for
The appointed candidate will:
- Possess a creative and pragmatic mind with the ability to lead innovations in teaching and learning and the broader activity of the schools;
- Lead with a strategic and decisive style, suitable for a highly successful school within a competitive environment;
- Demonstrate understanding of how to create and innovative and purposeful curriculum using contemporary international thinking to create a distinctive positioning for the school;
- Be an ambassador and help to build the brand and reputation of the school;
- Demonstrate a flair for developing managerial and educational talent;
- Respect, appreciate and understand a variety of cultures and societies, building strong relationships with all members of the school community;
- Be committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for every student in our care and engage with children, staff and parents to ensure that we identify, understand and meet their educational aims and needs.
In return for your passion to deliver the highest quality education you will enjoy a competitive salary, accommodation provided by us, an annual flight allowance, car, health insurance and places in the school for your children.
How to apply
We welcome applications from individuals who are passionate about education and have the skills and experience to make a signiﬁcant impact on our students and school community.
To apply for this role, please include a CV and letter of application and apply via our careers page.
Applications: Closing date is 13th February 2022
Interviews: to be held virtually in February 2022 and March 2022
Start Date: August 2022
Nord Anglia Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to a successful medical as well as clearance from safeguarding authorities.
create your future