JOB TITLE: Elementary School Learning Specialist (LS)
POSITION SUMMARY / JOB GOALS: The Elementary School Learning Specialist (LS) is an integral part of a multidisciplinary team of educators and is responsible for providing individualized learning support to students who have diagnosed learning differences and provides instructional support to teachers, and respective families. The LS creates student-centered small group learning experiences and in-class support that align with best educational practices to develop independent and ambitious learners.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
- Teaching certification
- Promotes excellence, equality, collaboration and high expectations for students.
- Represents the school’s values in every interaction with students, parents and colleagues
- Acts as an advocate for the school in the wider community
- Demonstrates successful teaching experiences with a wide range of learners
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skill in teaching all core content areas
- Integrates educational technology to enrich student learning
- Demonstrates knowledge of educational theory and best practices
- Displays knowledge of child development and ability to apply knowledge to the selection and application of curriculum materials and instructional practices
- Works effectively with students, parents, teachers, and specialists
- Possesses strong organizational and planning skills
- High levels of personal integrity
- Conscientious and able to focus on completing work to a consistently high standard
- Flexible and positive approach to work
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills; high attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and able to prompt others to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Adaptable to working in a fast paced ever changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Proactive and willingness to take on multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work independently
- Must be a team player, willing to help and be flexible
- Continually strive for improvement
See Full Job Description Attached.
Please note: we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.