JOB TITLE: Substitute Teacher for K-12
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING/KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience teaching in various subjects is desirable.
- Maintain a learning focused classroom culture based on high expectations, routines, and mutual respect so that all students feel safe to move out of their comfort zone to achieve more.
- Be knowledgeable about what they teach and the children they teach so that they can plan for the challenges students face when learning their subject.
- Provide appropriate scaffolding and support such as guided practice and lots of feedback to ensure all ranges of ability gain confidence and progress to independent proficiency.
- Include opportunities for students to explain, discuss, explore, reflect and solve problems so that students are highly engaged and encouraged to think critically and creatively.
- Be flexible and responsive to student needs by regularly using formative assessment strategies to check for understanding and make adjustments to instruction if necessary.
- Accurately measure and report student attainment using collaboratively developed assessments so that students can reliably demonstrate the extent of their mastery of content and skills.
- Plan sequences of lessons that introduce knowledge and skills to students in a coherent way so that they deepen understanding, make connections, and master increasingly complex skills.
- Act as a professional teammate, working productively with and respectfully towards their colleagues so that all feel valued, supported, and part of the team
- Utilize parents as a partner in their child’s education by keeping them regularly informed, particularly when there is a success to celebrate or an issue to address.
- Seek to continually improve every year by being open to coaching and engaging in other professional development opportunities in order to improve outcomes for their students and illustrate that teachers are also lifelong learners
- High levels of personal integrity
- Conscientious and able to focus on completing work to a consistently high standard
- Flexible and positive approach to work
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills; high attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and able to prompt others to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Adaptable to working in a fast paced ever changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Proactive and willingness to take on multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work independently
- Must be a team player, willing to help and be flexible
- Continually strive for improvement
Please see Full Job Description Attached.
Please note: we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.