Nord Anglia Education
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium schools organisation. We are a fast-paced and growing family of over 70 international schools in China, Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia and North America, providing outstanding education to over 67,000 students from preschool through to the end of secondary education. Our schools are united by one philosophy - we are ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools.
Each Nord Anglia Education school is unique in character and designed to meet the needs of its community. We believe that being part of our family of 70 schools gives each school a special advantage. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaborations with The Juilliard School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and King’s College London reflect, all reflective of our ambitions to learn from the best.
Nord Anglia International School New York (NAISNY)
We offer a truly engaging global education for students aged 2 – 14 years nestled in the heart of the iconic East Village, New York. Our school is dynamic, creative, based around a strong community of over 100 students accommodated over six floors of our school, and with a strong ambition to grow over the next few years. Enrolment is selective, based on the student’s ability to access our international curriculum and families wishing to align with our international ethos, with children from over 30 countries currently enrolled in our school.
We aim to inspire our students to learn, explore and develop into confident, creative and balanced global citizens. We offer an unparalleled standard of personalised education with opportunities for students to explore their creative side, to learn from the very best international teachers and organizations and meet students from around the world in order to prepare them for the journey ahead.
Our students are able to take advantage of the unique opportunities afforded to them by being New York City, including our Nord Anglia Collaborations in UNICEF and Juilliard, as well as our Artists in Residence program, in which students work closely with New York City-based artists.
Students are taught by highly-skilled class teachers in the lower school (2s – Year 4) and specialist teachers in the upper school (Year 5 - 9).
Our students love coming to school every day to learn with their friends, amazing teachers, and inspired and talented artists. Being friendly, creative and ambitious, our students are an absolute delight and have a thirst for learning within our tightly knitted community.
To learn more about our school, please visit http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/new-york
About the role
We seek a talented, qualified and experienced Director of Admission & Marketing with demonstrable experience in communications or marketing related positions (agency or client side), with an affinity for education to accelerate the great work achieved to date and lead / support in the following key areas, but not limited to:
- Support the execution of a global marketing calendar to help communicate our story and the outstanding education delivered within our schools, driving attitude and behaviour change within our target audience.
- Support the development of marketing campaigns to raise awareness of Nord Anglia’s global programmes (Juilliard, MIT, UNICEF and Global Campus) together with campaign ideas and execution for regions and priority schools.
- Provide guidance to schools around the execution of the brand and how schools can optimize the creativity of execution within our brand frameworks.
- Support the Principal to develop and implement brand transition plans to ensure smooth transition to the Nord Anglia Education family of schools for new builds and acquisition.
Job Description - Nord Anglia International School New York(NAISNY)
Director of Admissions and Marketing
To lead enrollment growth by strategizing, planning and implementing personalized admissions process and targeted marketing campaigns.
- To assist the Principal in leading the school as part of the Senior Leadership Team
- To drive the overall admissions and marketing strategy at NAISNY
- To liaise with the Nord Anglia admissions and marketing team to ensure that we are ‘ambitious’ in our strategies at NAISNY
- Work with the Principal to formulate aims, objectives and strategic plans for the school;
- Contribute to the construction and publication of the School Development and Strategic Plan;
- Set high standards and lead by example;
- Be innovative and challenging in striving for continuous improvement in every part of the school;
- Be approachable and have a visible presence to the whole school and the community;
- Ensure that the performance management targets set actually increase performance and are regularly monitored;
- Monitor and evaluate the overall progress, outcomes and development of students, including those with additional learning needs at both ends of the spectrum.
- Regular reviews are undertaken of progress in achieving the success indicators of the School Development Plan
- Evidence of achievement of success indicators is effective
- Lead the design and delivery of all key touch-points for parents and children throughout the entire Parent Experience Journey, based on a deep understanding of their needs so that families experience the school’s story and promises in action.
- Oversee all parent communication to ensure responsiveness (24-hour response times during working week), quality (written and verbal language, structure and attention to detail) and attitude (team warmth and enthusiasm).
- Lead across the school to systematically develop opportunities for ‘magic moments’ to happen throughout the PEJ.
- Lead team to develop an understanding of each family’s needs and interests throughout the PEJ, using tools and templates to help the team find and sell to each families’ sweet spot.
- Drive conversion at each stage of the pipeline by coaching and developing team to overcome objections, recognize buying signals and close at each step of the process.
- Oversee the admissions pipeline to ensure team are following best practice in managing unresponsive leads and are closing out appropriately.
- Lead the re-enrolment process with the school SLT to optimise retention and ensure the process of re-enrolment is as straightforward as possible.
- Coordinate and participate in all recruitment efforts: advertising, direct mail, internet web page, etc;
- Coordinate and participate in special events involving prospective students;
- Promote good relationships with outside institutions or groups that can be helpful in attracting quality students.
- Attend off-campus Admissions events, conferences around New York, determining which add value year over year.
- Coordinate all admissions testing;
- Lead file reading and admission committee decisions;
- Manage/participate in the administration of all financial aid programs;
- Lead the review of school enrolment data to identify opportunities and risks and develop plans to unlock and mitigate.
· Lead all relevant analytics (lead velocity, conversation rates, performance against regional benchmarks, changes in lead sources, nationalities, industries and age groups) to best target future growth opportunities.
· Lead the implementation and execution of relevant management information and CRM systems planning and deployment working with regional and central teams.
· Student numbers for re-enrollment and enrollment are in line with predictions
· Tours and interest continues to increase
- Understand the current perceptions of NAISNY among parents and within the community as a whole, and capitalize on our unique and innovative approach to improving student outcomes in order to maximize student recruitment and retention;
- Understand the priorities of parents and students considering schools within the New York area;
- Determine and project key messages that respond to these priorities and distinguish NAE schools from schools that may be competing for the same students;
- Help school staff become more outward-facing in their attitude and contribute to student recruitment;
- Develop, with staff, programmes to give prospective students an opportunity to have the NAISNY experience.
- Commission photography, video and the design of marketing material, including updates to the website, using the NAE guidelines on visual identity;
- Develop protocols for crisis PR and to ensure that schools implement this protocol in the event of a crisis.
- Oversee the implementation of the school brand style guide to ensure consistency and quality of positioning and visual identity in all school collateral including core Nord Anglia brand and marketing campaigns such as Juilliard, MIT, UNICEF and Global Campus.
- Support the Marketing Manager in website development and paid media to demonstrate leadership for the school at every stage of the parent online research journey.
- Support the Marketing Manager to develop the PR and media strategy for the school, stepping in to support media enquiries and crisis communications as appropriate.
- Lead the development of the annual marketing plan for the school.
- Oversee the execution of the school content strategy across all school communication channels including News & Blogs and social media.
- The NAISNY name is known within the wider community
- The number of enquiries to NAISNY continues to grow
- Outside companies and other interested parties contact us with opportunities
- Manage Admissions & Marketing team, overseeing daily activities and delegating work as appropriate;
- Ensure that all members of the School communicate appropriately with colleagues, parents and students;
- Contribute to all school marketing and liaison activities, including Open Days, and other events;
- Actively promote the establishment of effective links with other institutions and external agencies;
- Work with Nord Anglia Education at regional and corporate levels to ensure, regularly reporting on school, admissions and marketing activities.
· Promote and adhere to NAE Vision, Mission and Values;
- Manage effective personal development as part of the NAE’s commitment to invest in staff as the key resource in the organization;
- Ensure that statutory responsibilities and NAE policies are met with regard to Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation;
- Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality, attendance, positive engagement and professional relations among staff;
- Any other appropriate duties as allocated by the Principal.
· Conduct appraisals and maintain records
· Parental concerns are managed efficiently and effectively and records are kept
· Student numbers increase in line with school-based targets
· Valued and effective member of the team and organization
Successful Candidate will possess:
- Educated to at least a bachelor’s degree level in communications, marketing or a similar area, or Masters level in alternative discipline.
- Demonstrable experience in communications or marketing related positions (agency or client side).
- Experience of executing impactful marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in marketing and measurement.
- Digital and social media savvy with a hands-on approach to delivery.
- Highly creative with ability to think out of the box.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong aesthetic eye in evaluating collateral – both in terms of design and in terms of driving effective behaviour change.
- Good cross-cultural, interpersonal and communication skills to interact with diverse nationalities and cultures.
- Results orientated with the ability to consistently map efforts against identified KPIs and ROI.
We are looking to recruit someone with a strong desire to work for a fast-growing organisation and have an affinity with and an interest in education. You will be results orientated, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable and be driven to strive for continual improvement.
We offer career and development opportunities that come with being part of our global organisation. Nord Anglia University unites our team through a vibrant online platform that harnesses the collective expertise of their peers in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. We also provide extensive online and face-to-face professional development at the cutting edge of educational thinking. Our collaborations with The Juilliard School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) offers our teachers unrivalled access to leading experts in their fields. We also offer an opportunity to earn an Executive Masters in International Education in an exclusive collaboration with King's College London. Alongside great training and a competitive package, you’ll enjoy the chance to live and work in one of the world’s most vibrant cities.
The closing date for application is Dec 31, 2021. Interviews will be conducted via Skype or telephone and, where possible, a face to face interview in the school.
Start Date: September 2021
At Nord Anglia Education, we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both Country of residence/birth and any Country of residence within the last 10 years
The School reserves the right to appoint before the advertised deadline should the right candidate be indentified