Job Title: Physical Education Teacher
- Bachelor degree
- One or more years’ experience
- Applicant must be able to perform physically without restrictions while teaching their PE classes
- Comply with The Village School policies and regulations.
- Follow Coaches handbook rules and regulations.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning and implementing a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division’s basic instructional philosophy and congruent with course and SOL standards; provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, and keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school property.
- Evaluates each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge and contribution in team sports.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
- Dress appropriately as a representative of The Village School.
- Cooperate with co-workers and staff.
- Relate positively to parents and community.
- Keep accurate records and grades on all students.
- Keep current on all e-mail activities involving students, parents and co-workers.
- Lesson plans done at least one month in advance.
Please see job description attached.
Please note: we deserve the right to close our vacancies early.