The British International School of Chicago, South Loop is looking to employ a talented and committed Learning Support Assistant. Support staff play a critical role in securing excellent outcomes for students. You will need to have a positive outlook and attitude, a child-focused approach to meeting children’s needs and a commitment to working as part of a team. Crucially, you will be able to demonstrate a passion for learning and progression whilst supporting students in primary and/or secondary school.
Key objectives: working with SLT, Head of Learning Support and Class Teachers
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to relate exceptionally well with children and work hard to help them achieve
- Will encourage, demonstrate and support the school in matters of inclusion and diversity
- Work well as part of a team, be self-motivated and able to work independently including working closely with parents and outside agencies
- Have the ability to enthuse and engage children in purposeful learning experiences through support and intervention
- With the support from the Head of Learning Support and teachers, plan intervention for students
- Deliver one-to-one support, in and out of class, for specific students and monitor their progress
- Support teaching staff to enhance the learning of students
- Have high expectations of progression, achievement and behavior of students
- Demonstrate high standards of personal and professional practice
- Qualifications or experience pertaining to working with EAL (English as an Additional Language) learners
- Qualifications or experience pertaining to working with children with special educational needs
- Qualifications or experience pertaining to school counselling, mental health or student support.