We are seeking a part time house parent to join our boarding team!
Collège du Léman is one of Switzerland’s most prestigious international day and boarding schools, located on the edge of Lake Geneva in view of the Swiss Alps.
The school helps students to find their place in the world by inspiring individual growth, academic excellence and global citizenship. It is a truly international community with more than 100 different nationalities amongst the 1500 day and 200 boarding students. They come together on a green, village-like campus covering 8 hectares. Students follow international and national curricula, with English, French and Bilingual programmes. These lead to a choice of the IB Diploma and Careers Related Programmes, the CDL High School Diploma, the French Bac and the Maturité Suisse. They go on to leading universities around the world. Collège du Léman is part of the Nord Anglia family of 69 schools worldwide and this role is an exciting opportunity to develop a career with the world’s leading premium education organisation.
Main Purpose of the Role
- Provide a safe, nurturing and well-being environment for boarding students.
- Monitor boarding students’ personal, academic progress, programme of activities, and achievements.
- Provide a high quality of pastoral care, “in loco parentis” (listening, caring, follow-up), in co-ordination with the School Counselling department and school nurses when appropriate
- Provide a good follow up to each single student and keep the Head of Boarding and the Deputy Head of Boarding informed as well as parents.
- Implement the Boarding House Code of Conduct and House rules, ensuring that alongside sanctions, rewards are also provided for the deserving boarders.
- Promote acceptance of other cultures from within the Boarding House
- Monitor general Boarding routine
- Care and supervise students and act in loco parentis
- Contribute to the activity program
- Communicate effectively with parents, agents, management and teachers
- Ensure the fabric of the House is taken care of
- Communicate effectively with the Full Time House Parent
Skills and Competencies
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly with students
- Excellent communication skills
- Pressure resilient and well- organized
Possession of a teaching qualification would be an asset
A previous experience in pastoral care
A previous work experience with children age 11-18
Excellent English skills
good knowledge of French