Main Purpose of the Role:
The XCR Child Care Assistant follows the care, recreation, supervision and any logistical needs of Primary students enrolled in the Extra-Curricular program. Responsible to deliver the structure designed for this service, play a key link between the end of school and parents. Responsible to ensure students are receiving the best possible experience as this role demands the ability to work constantly in a team. On Wednesday, early afternoon, and towards the end of each working day, this role requires working with preschool students.
Working hours: M – T – TH – F 15:45 – 18:45 W 12:00 – 18.45 (times may vary slightly depending on needs.)
Total working hours per week: 19
Contracted for 36 weeks work and 4 weeks holidays
- Promote the school values RISE.
- Welcome Children at the end of school; collecting and passing on information provided by the teachers.
- Be responsible for and ensure each student self-hygiene is timely provided.
- Preparing and maintaining the cleanliness of the areas and equipment used by students.
- Ensure the administration and the information shared or acknowledged, from the office as well as any other sources, is followed accurately.
- Acquire pedagogical knowledge on each child and provide a consistent feedback to parents.
- Maintain an accurate record and administration.
- Liaise daily with internal departments to ensure the logistics needs are well catered for.
- Accompany students to their next destination within their routine.
- Run activities for children and grant supervision for any aspect of the service (once a week for preschool students too).
- Assist with dressing the children and take children to the bathroom, changing pampers if required (preschool times).
- Participating to periodical induction & department meetings.
- Remain available to support the needs of extended team if the situation demands.
Skills and Competencies
- Show good judgment and sense of priorities
- Take initiative
- Establish good relationship with children and adults
- Remain flexible
- English or French fluent and good oral French or English
- Good IT literacy.
Qualification: Teaching Assistant qualification
Required Experience: Experience with preschool-primary children.