Collège du Léman is one of Switzerland’s most prestigious international day and boarding schools, located on the edge of Lake Geneva in view of the Swiss Alps.
The school helps students to find their place in the world by inspiring individual growth, academic excellence and global citizenship. It is a truly international community with more than 100 different nationalities amongst the 1500 day and 200 boarding students. They come together on a green, village-like campus covering 8 hectares. Students follow international and national curricula, with English, French and Bilingual programmes. These lead to a choice of the IB Diploma and Careers Related Programmes, the CDL High School Diploma, the French Bac and the Maturité Suisse. They go on to leading universities around the world. Collège du Léman is part of the Nord Anglia family of 69 schools worldwide and this role is an exciting opportunity to develop a career with the world’s leading premium education organisation.
We are seeking a Talent Acquisition Officer to attract and hire talents within CDL.
As such you will source, identify, screen, and hire individuals for various roles in our international school. Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, you will work closely with our HR team and Managers across different departments.
Our ideal candidate will be bilingual in English and French and will have excellent communication and organisational skills. With an experience of 2 years in talent acquisition, proficiency in Recruitment Tracking Systems, she/he will have ability to devise sourcing strategies for potential applicants. This role requires a candidate with excellent interpersonal and project management skills.
Objectives of this Role
- Input into overall hiring strategy of the organisation to ensure our teams consist of a diverse set of qualified individuals.
- Ensure the staffing needs of the organisation are being met, with a long-term talent strategy in mind.
- Devise and implement sourcing strategies to build pipelines of potential applicants, such as employer branding initiatives.
- Create and implement end-to-end candidate hiring processes to ensure a positive experience.
- Form close relationships with hiring managers to ensure clear candidate/interviewer expectations.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Coordinate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs in different areas and departments.
- Determine selection criteria for candidates by liaising with managers and other members of staff.
- Source applicants through online channels, such as LinkedIn and other professional networks.
- Create job descriptions and interview questions that reflect the requirements for each position.
- Identify and refine down the most suitable talent from available candidates.
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments, and in-person interviews.
- Assess candidates’ information, including C.Vs., portfolios and perform reference & background checks.
- Keep records of all materials used for recruitment, including interview notes and related paperwork, to share with key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the onboarding HR process (offer, creation of new hires HR folders, school onboarding).
- Train recruitment process stakeholders in recruitment techniques and best practices
- Actively participate in employer branding initiatives and strategy.
- Back up the HR team during busy periods and holidays.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum level of C1 in French and English, English mother tongue would be a plus.
- Degree in Human Resources Management or similar.
- 2 years’ experience in talent acquisition or similar roles.
- Familiarity with social media, C.V. databases, and professional networks.
- Experience with full-cycle recruiting, using various interview techniques and evaluation methods.
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Experience in using LinkedIn Talent Solutions to proactively source candidates.
- A keen understanding of the requirements for each role in the organisation.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and keeping up with trends.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.