JOB TITLE: Bus Driver - Part Time
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Possess a current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), hold a current class B license with a P (Passenger) and S (School Bus) endorsement, and be certified in First Aid and CPR for all age groups transported.
- Successful experience as a School Bus Driver.
- Effective oral and written communication skills commensurate with the responsibilities of the position are required. Both oral and written, ability in English is required.
- Ability to pass an annual School Bus Driver’s physical examination.
- Must be able to comply with background check, including fingerprints, and drug testing as required by the school and/or State Licensing Agency.
- Have a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Ability to present a positive image of the school to members of the community.
- Visual and auditory (hearing) accuracy within professionally determined normal ranges, with correction if needed. Must be free of communicable diseases and breathing impairments.
- Must have effective organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to learn and comprehend information from procedures manuals and other materials.
- Ability to comprehend and follow traffic signs required.
- Must be able to physically move through the bus.
- Ability to perform responsibilities under pressure and in cases of accidents or other emergencies.
- Must possess personal qualifications, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health that do not interfere with responsibilities.
- The Bus Driver has the primary responsibility for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of the children, staff and volunteers during bus transportation to and from the school and on field trips.
- Ensures the safety and well-being of children and adults being transported to and from the school and on field trips.
- Completes a comprehensive written inspection of the bus daily, reporting any conditions of concern to the Manager, before transporting children.
- Ensures that the communication device (e.g. two-way radio, cellular phone) is in proper working order before each trip.
- Arranges for and ensures completion of routine maintenance of the bus (e.g., oil, change); transporting the bus to and from maintenance and/or repair facilities.
- Ensures that the bus always has sufficient fuel.
- Follows efficient and safe written bus routes that ensure the time schedule is maintained.
- Operates the bus in such a way that road and safety regulations are always followed; reports any traffic violations/delays to the Manager immediately.
- Follows safe bus loading and unloading procedures.
- Follows procedures to guarantee no child is left alone on a bus without adult supervision at any time, including ensuring all children have departed the bus at the end of all bus routes (morning, evening and during field trips or other special trips).
- Keeps the bus clean and free of debris; follows other bus cleaning procedures.
- Routinely inventories bus emergency and first aid supplies and equipment, reports needs to the Manager.
- In case of accidents/emergencies, evacuates children according to written and practiced procedures.
- In the event of an accident, assures that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written accident report as required by the school’s procedure and other authorities.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- High levels of personal integrity
- Conscientious and able to focus on completing work to a consistently high standard
- Flexible and positive approach to work
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills; high attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and able to prompt others to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Adaptable to working in a fast paced ever changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Proactive and willingness to take on multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work independently
- Must be a team player, willing to help and be flexible
- Continually strive for improvement
See Full Job Description Attached.
Please note: we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.