Are you an inspirational candidate looking to join a well-established, supportive team in a successful and expanding school? The Nord Anglia International School Hong Kong is looking for exceptional IT Professional. We welcome applications from outstanding, self-motivated and reflective professionals. We're looking for the right blend of energy and experience, and a passion for working in the international education field.
The school is a member of Nord Anglia Education, the world's leading premium school group. By joining our school, you will become part of a committed and innovative team of educational professionals across the globe, with opportunities for personal and career development. As a member of the growing family of Nord Anglia Education Schools you will be part of an active network of like-minded people in China and across the world. If you'd like to be a part of our on-going success, please get in touch; we'd love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Regional IT Director, the candidate will be responsible and accountable for the smooth and secure running of school computer systems, supervise the implementation and maintenance of school computing needs. Also responsible to manage other campus within Shanghai as needed.
- Utilize in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to design and implement group / regional secure solutions to meet user / client needs while protecting the corporation's assets.
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure.
- Develop and implement security measures for school. Analyse existing security procedures and suggest changes to upper management for increased efficient and extra security.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, cloud services, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate School IT daily operations
- Manage external IT vendors/service providers to ensure that all round operation is maintained on high quality and value proposition
- Work across multi-campuses
- Degree holder or above of Information Technology, Security, Computer Science, MIS or related business disciplines
- Advantage with Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, ITIL certifications
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience (above 5 years)
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Excellent working knowledge
- of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Hands-on experience with windows server system, Microsoft O365 system, virtual machine system, computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Experience on supporting/implementation of large complex networks.
- Hands on experience on managing and troubleshooting complex network infrastructure in LAN/WAN environment with expertise in Routers, Switches, wireless, Firewalls, IPT Telephony from Cisco
- Knowledge in administration of Cisco network system.
- Security patches deployment Support for the applications.
- Overall knowledge and understanding of Backup software
- Hands-on experience on setting up, installing and configuring server components
- Experience on troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining server hardware/software and virtualization system
- Networking skills & Troubleshooting network related issues
- Strong technical skills in Windows Server 2016/2019, MS SQL and MS O365 administration, VMware, NetApp NAS, Cisco router/switch/ Firewall, VOIP system.
The successful candidate:
Nord Anglia Education is looking for someone with a positive, enthusiastic and self-motivated approach to their work, driven to strive for continual improvement and with a high level of personal integrity. As a member of the world’s leading premium schools group you will be joining an active network of like-minded people in Hong Kong and across the world. We are the world’s leading premium schools organisation with schools across China, South East Asia, the Middle East, Europe and North America.
Start date: Immediate available is highly preferred
Compliance with visa requirements for working in Hong Kong.
At Nord Anglia Education we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both Country of residence/birth and any Country of residence within the last 10 years.