Oxford International School (OIS) trades as Oxford International College. It was established in 2002 and provides A-level and GCSE tuition and boarding to international students. OIS has three business divisions as below.
- Oxford International College (OIC) – the core A-level and GCSE tuition business which operates a two-year A-level programme with terms running from September to June.
- Oxford International College Academy (OICA) – offers tuition in all subjects.
- Oxford Science Studies (OXSS) –provides revision courses to small groups of students during the holiday and half-term periods.
OIS has been growing over the last few years and is now part of the Nord Anglia Education Group. The school has ambitious plans for the next few years and is looking for an experienced Bursar to head up its finance division. This role is critical for the success of the business as the Bursar will be a key business partner to the School Managing Director.
We are looking for a full-time permanent Bursar to lead the three finance teams. The ideal candidate will either be ACCA or CIMA qualified. They will:
- Be capable of managing, leading, supporting and developing three small finance teams.
- Be able to create working environments that are safe, welcoming and inspiring.
- Be adept at balancing ambition with delivery.
- Have a proactive and positive attitude with excellent people and customer service skills.
- Be capable of building professional and supportive relationships with colleagues, parents, agents and suppliers.
- Be a confident, polite and friendly communicator.
- Have a strong track record of managing finance, with financial robustness and a keen eye for risk.
- Be resilient and collaborative.
- Be passionate about adding value and driving continuous improvement.
- Be comfortable with taking responsibility and effecting change.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Be proficient in Sage 50 Accounts and Excel.
- Be a problem solver with initiative and ability to bring tasks to completion.
- Be responsible for the school accounts.
- Be comfortable preparing the end of year financial statements for the school.
- Be comfortable preparing the budgets and forecasts for the school.
- Be happy to ensure the timely, accurate and smooth delivery of finance information.
- Be the lead for the year end audit and liaising with external stakeholders.
Experience of working in the international student market would be an advantage. Competitive salary based on skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for a capable person, as the role will allow them to grow and expand their responsibilities and skill set as well as to develop their teams.
For full job description, applicants should write to email@example.com. The application deadline is 30 June 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and tutors to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will need to understake an enhanced DBS check and provide two referees.