About Nord Anglia Education
Nord Anglia Education (NAE) is the world’s leading premium schools organisation, with 73 schools located across dozens of countries in the Americas, Europe, China, Southeast Asia, India and the Middle East. Together, our schools educate over 67,000 students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary school.
Our philosophy for education rests on the 4 pillars of creativity, wellbeing, excellent academic outcomes and global connectedness. These are delivered through innovative use of educational technology to create a 21st Century, personalised, learning experience for all students.
Every parent wants the best for their child — so do we. NAE schools deliver high quality, transformational education and ensure excellent academic outcomes by going beyond traditional learning. Our global scale enables us to recruit and retain world-leading teachers and to offer unforgettable experiences through global and regional events, while our engaging learning environments ensure all of our students love coming to school.
About the school
Nord Anglia International School Dublin is an IB candidate school offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme. The school opened in September 2018 with one class in each year group and due to high demand, we are looking to appoint enthusiastic and committed staff as we to increase our capacity.
NAIS Dublin is at an exciting stage of its development, having grown significantly since we opened. We have over 30 nationalities represented in the school community, who thrive academically; are committed to achieving their best and who grow with us as true global citizens through our culture of respect, opportunity and personal development. We also have highly supportive parents who engage fully in the life of the school and their children’s education.
Each Nord Anglia Education school is unique in character and designed to meet the needs of its community. We are united by our philosophy, to be ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools. We believe that being part of our family of 73 schools gives them a special advantage. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. Our schools have access to a wide range of resources and support to enhance their success. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people, such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF and King’s College London.
About the Role:
The role of School Receptionist is a very important position in the school as it is the first point of contact and plays a key role in presenting the first impression of the organisation to all stakeholders.
Main job tasks and responsibilities:
- Meet and greet as a friendly, polite first point of contact for students, parents and visitors
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure all enquiries are followed up, responded to and resolved
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls, relay messages
- Monitor visitor access and maintain an awareness of security at all times
- Monitor student absence and student movement in and out of school
- Provide general administrative and clerical support as requested
- Receive, record and distribute mail and deliveries
- Work as part of the Marketing Admissions and Communications team to assist with processing admissions
- Aid in evacuation procedure of the school if required
- Work in conjunction with the CCA co-ordinator with smooth running of the CCA programme in school
- Other reception/administrative duties as requested by the Director of Admissions & Marketing
- Work in conjunction with the After School service in school until close at 6pm
- Direct students to first aid in school
- Manage the school closing procedure daily in school
Working day is from 10am- 6pm daily
We will expect you to fulfil the following criteria:
- Administration/Receptionist background essential
- Previous experience of working in customer care/communications
- Experience of working with Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proven experience in a multi-lingual, multinational organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Enjoy working with people
- Team player, friendly and polite, of smart appearance
- Ability to manage a busy front desk environment with frequent interruptions while maintaining composure and authority in that role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of a second language desirable
- High level of personal integrity
- Flexible and positive approach to the workplace
- Ability to model a cooperative, respectful, congenial, and service-oriented approach towards visitors, parents, students and staff members
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines while maintaining composure during high stress
- Conscientious and able to focus on completing work to a consistently high standard
- The school opened in 2018 and it is vital that candidates are excellent colleagues as well as excellent at what they do. A pioneer-stock spirit, flexibility, patience and a sense of humour are necessary. Ideally all staff will possess the personal attributes the school is trying to inculcate in terms of the IB Learner Profile. A significant demeanor is sought.
The closing date for application is 23rd July 2021. Due to global travel restrictions, all interviews will be conducted via MS Teams or online video calls. Interviews may commence prior to the closing deadline, and appointments may also be made before the closing deadline if you are the right Receptionist for our school. There will be up to three stages of interview, including a panel interview.
Start Date: 16th August 2021
At Nord Anglia Education we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both your country of residence/birth and any country of residence within the last 10 years.