Primary Computing Coordinator & Primary Class Teacher
C Allowance (17,600 Baht per month) in addition to classroom teacher salary
"Our mission is to provide an inclusive, international education in a happy, supportive and stimulating environment where all the needs of the individual learner are met. Students are inspired to be the best they can be, enabling them to become responsible global citizens."
The learning of ICT and Computing is essential for academic success in our school and success in life and careers beyond school. The Head of Computing oversees the provision for ICT and Computing, supporting teachers across the school to produce the best possible lessons that will inspire and challenge every student. The ideal person should show a strong desire to foster inquiry among the students, develop logical reasoning and promote collaboration skills through project-based learning. Alongside this, the candidate will also fulfil the role of a class teacher.
The main duties of the role are:
- To liaise with the Computing Coordinator for HS, Year Leaders and Computing and IT Support Teacher to ensure progression in Computing and IT through the Primary School and beyond and to ensure that the curriculum is current and relevant.
- To provide appropriate support for all staff to ensure their Computing and IT training needs are met.
- To ensure that technology in school is being used effectively and to keep abreast of advances in technology to ensure that St Andrews remains at the forefront in Computing and IT.
- To lead workshops to ensure that the whole school community is aware of the direction and requirements of the new computing curriculum and wider issues, such as digital citizenship and internet safety.
- To keep abreast of current Computing and IT issues and new technologies in the UK and other relevant school systems.
- To oversee the continued integration of computing and IT skills throughout the curriculum.
- To ensure that the teaching of Internet safety and digital citizenship is embedded in the curriculum.
- To monitor teaching and learning in Computing and IT in conjunction with year leaders and Heads of Phase.
- To ensure the subject is sufficiently and appropriately resourced within reasonable budget limits.
- To prepare an action plan for the development of the subject in line with the development of the whole school.
- To monitor the progress towards the targets in any action plan, liaising with relevant personnel.
- Where appropriate, to monitor the progress of the students in the subject
- To report to relevant personnel on the development of the subject and future development plan.
All teachers are also expected to contribute positively to the extra-curricular programme, which runs after school, offering an extracurricular activity that either supports or extends the students’ learning or from another area of interest. Our school has a good reputation for supporting children with special educational needs, and experience of teaching children with ADHD, mild autism, dyslexia etc., would be excellent prior experience for a teacher wishing to join our team.
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students and expects all staff to share the same commitment (see our Child Protection Code of Conduct). No teacher will be appointed without at least two references, including one from the most recent employer, a ten-year criminal record check and relevant regional Prohibition Order/DBS checks.
The closing date for the application is Friday 25th June 2021.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school, please complete the application process through Jobtrain, accessible via the Careers page on the Nord Anglia Education website: http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/careers/.
If you require any further information, please email email@example.com.
St. Andrews International School Bangkok, Primary School
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand
St Andrews International School Bangkok is one of 69 schools in the Nord Anglia Education (NAE) family. We offer a British educational curriculum with an international perspective that begins in Nursery and leads up to IGCSE examinations in Year 11 and culminates with the International Baccalaureate Diploma after completing Year 13. We are an inclusive school that invites children from all backgrounds and abilities to participate in the educational offerings on our diverse campus.
Founded in 1997 on an attractive, conveniently located site, with excellent facilities and access to local transportation. Today we have more than 2,000 students over a Primary School and High School campus, representing over 50 nationalities ranging from Foundation Stage to Year 13. Our state-of-the-art High School campus (next to Ekkamai BTS) opened in August 2017, giving our students the benefit of world-class teaching and facilities.
As part of the NAE family of schools, we are delighted to be able to offer some unique collaborations with world-class establishments, including the Juilliard School of Performing Arts, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and UNICEF.