JOB TITLE: Lower School Learning Specialist
POSITION SUMMARY / JOB GOALS: The Lower School Learning Specialist is an integral part of a multidisciplinary team of educators and is responsible for providing individualized academic support to students with learning disabilities, and instructional support to teachers, and respective families. The Learning Specialist creates student-centered small group learning experiences and in-class interventions that align with best educational practices to develop independent and ambitious learners.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING:
- Classroom teaching experience Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education or related field
- Teaching certification
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience in supporting students with disabilities such as dyslexia and dysgraphia, autism spectrum disorder, and ADHD.
- Demonstrates successful teaching experiences with a wide range of learners
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skill in teaching students with learning disabilities
- Integrates educational technology to enrich student learning and provide accommodations
- Demonstrates knowledge of educational theory and best practices
- High levels of personal integrity
- Conscientious and able to focus on completing work to a consistently high standard
- Flexible and positive approach to work
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills; high attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and able to prompt others to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Adaptable to working in a fast paced ever changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Proactive and willingness to take on multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work independently
- Must be a team player, willing to help and be flexible
- Continually strive for improvement
See Full Job Description Attached.
Please note: we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.