Principal, the Prague British International School
The Prague British International School is the Czech Republic’s largest international school split over three campuses around the beautiful city of Prague. The school, which offers the National Curriculum for England, IGCSEs and the IB Diploma, enjoys exceptional academic results. It also has a local sister, the Czech British Primary School, which provides Czech education combined with English language at a proficiency level. Its inclusive and engaging extra-curricular programme supports a well-rounded education. The school strives to achieve an environment where respect, integrity and intercultural understanding underpin everything that happens.
What we are looking for
We seek a talented, internationally experienced leader in education to drive and build upon the school’s excellent progress to date. The Principal takes responsibility for the leadership, organisation and management of the whole school. The post-holder’s key deliverables are aligned with the annual school quality review and the school’s strategic plan. Other key objectives include: education quality and outcomes, school growth, financial targets, staff development, resource utilisation and Health & Safety.
The ideal candidate will:
- Relentlessly pursue outstanding academic performance for the many, not the few
- Understand how to blend the best of international curricula with contemporary educational research and thinking on education
- Understand the value of true parental collaboration and involvement and work to maximise this with a community that wants to be supportive
- Lead strategic institutional change and improvement together with innovations in teaching and learning
- Have the proven capacity to collaborate and build high performing teams, and be able to inspire, motivate and develop sustainable relationships with all members of the school community to achieve outstanding results in all areas
- Possess a creative and pragmatic mind with the ability and experience of working within or with wider international networks
- Engage with students, teachers, parents and community leaders in a manner that is open, inclusive and conveys the values of the organisation and school
- Drive the marketing and admissions process of the school with passion and a focus on quality that grows the number of students and continues to create a distinctive positioning for the school in its market
- Manage financial budgets with astuteness
- Engage and contribute successfully to the wider organisation.
What we offer
- Membership of the Nord Anglia Education’s Senior Leadership Team
- Continuous professional development, including our Executive Leadership Programme
- Competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- International medical insurance
- Annual flight allowance
- Free tuition for up to 3 children
- Relocation allowance
- Comprehensive induction programme
We welcome applications from those that are passionate about education and have the skills and experience to make a signiﬁcant impact on our students and school community.
To submit an application for this prestigious role please apply via our careers page, including your CV and Cover Letter.