College Alpin Beau Soleil is seeking to recruit a
Boarding House Assistant
At Beau Soleil, we believe it’s what you do that counts. This philosophy holds true both for our students and our staff, from the classroom to the boarding houses, out into our extraordinary alpine environment and way beyond. Whether you a member of our administration or support staff, a teacher or working in one of our boarding houses, we are a school that believes in the power of action, engagement and participation.
Students at Beau Soleil experience a unique holistic education which is built around four core values: Respect, Responsibility, Ambition and Determination. These values underpin all that we do, providing a strong moral compass to our diverse international community, which is made up of students from nearly sixty countries around the world.
Beau Soleil offers curricular programmes in both English and French, following the IMYC, IGCSE, IBDP (English and French) or High School Diploma. Students also participate in a world class programme of service learning, adventure and expeditions, designed to build their personal resilience, character and compassion. Our summer camp programme held in July gives campers the opportunity to gain an insight into an education at Beau Soleil.
Beau Soleil is a member of the Nord Anglia Education group of schools giving staff access to a worldwide network of schools, benefitting from the professional training opportunities of the world’s leading premium schools organisation.
As a full boarding school, a supportive and friendly community is at the heart of the Beau Soleil experience for staff and students alike. We believe in growing talent and supporting our staff in their career paths and professional development and training opportunities abound.
Our modern campus offers an exceptional working environment in the heart of Villars-sur-Ollon. With easy access to our beautiful local environment there are outstanding opportunities for skiing in the winter and outdoor pursuits in the summer. All staff are encouraged to actively participate in school life, strengthening the sense of community by sharing the experience of expeditions and challenges, activities and events throughout the year.
Students and staff share a real sense of pride in the school and its achievements: a pride that we hope you will see if you visit us for interview.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- act as a residential assistant in a boarding house
- ensure the smooth running of the Boarding House and the wellbeing of the students in the house
- Morning and Evening duties in the Boarding House
- Overnight supervision in the Boarding House as required
- Various Boarding and School supervision duties
- Study supervision
- Help supervise the Library or small study groups
- Assist with extra‐curricular activities
- Work alongside the school nurses to provide support and take students to doctors/dental appointments
- Reception duties
- Airport transfers
- Attend weekly Training and Support Meetings
- Degree level education
- C2 level in English
- Familiar with British Education and boarding school environment
- Interpersonal skills
- Collegiate and collaborative team player
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Willingness to take on multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
How to apply
Applications should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees, and should be made via the Beau Soleil website at www.beausoleil.ch/en/about-us/employment-opportunities.
The closing date for applications is 31st of January, with a start date to be agreed.
College Alpin Beau Soleil is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Police check is required prior to appointment.