JOB TITLE: Elementary English Language Learner (ELL) Teacher
POSITION SUMMARY / JOB GOALS: The Elementary ELL Teacher serves as a specialist for students who are learning English as a second language. The ELL teacher develops and implements a program designed to provide direct English language development instruction through a variety of methods including co-teaching, small group and individual student settings. In addition to specific individualized instruction, the ELL teacher may assist classroom teachers with the selection of appropriate instructional materials and the development of strategies to meet the unique needs of English Language Learners.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
- Master’s Degree, preferred
- Valid teaching certification
- Demonstrates successful teaching experiences with English language learners
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skill in teaching English language learners
- Integrates educational technology to enrich student learning
- Demonstrates knowledge of educational theory and best practices
- Displays knowledge of child development and ability to apply knowledge to the selection and application of curriculum materials and instructional practices
- Works effectively with students, parents, teachers, and specialists
- Possesses strong organizational, communication, and planning skills
- Maintains a supportive, positive, and professional demeanor
- Collaborates effectively with grade level colleagues and specialists
- Models organizational values and beliefs
- Demonstrates the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and confidentiality
- Adapts instructional practices to align with evolving student needs
- Performs duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement
Please see Full Job Description Attached.
Please note: we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.