Infrastructure Manager, SEAME
About Nord Anglia Education
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium schools organisation, with campuses located across 29 countries in the Americas, Europe, China, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. Together, our 69 schools educate more than 61,000 students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary / high school. We are driven by one unifying philosophy: we are ambitious for our schools, students, teachers, staff and communities, and we inspire every child who attends a Nord Anglia Education school to achieve more than they ever imagined possible.
Each Nord Anglia Education school is unique in character and designed to meet the needs of its community. We are united by our philosophy, to be ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools. We believe that being part of our family of 69 schools gives them a special advantage. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. Our schools have access to a wide range of resources and support to enhance their success. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people, such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF and King’s College London.
About the role
- Manage the introduction of core infrastructure supported by a centralised shared services IT function into schools managed by the associated region.
- Review and implement Cyber Security best practices within the region.
- Embed a ‘Cloud First’ culture within the School’s IT Infrastructure by enabling adoption of Nord Anglia’s modern Azure Cloud Infrastructure.
- Drive the maturity of Infrastructure best practices within the schools, and the wider group, by ensuring all required Infrastructure Standards exist, are adopted and adhered to within the region.
- Liaise with the shared service function to understand product operation in detail and agree the project methodology and process for delivery of the infrastructure into each school.
- Liaise with the school representatives and staff responsible for using the infrastructure, demonstrating the solution operation, evaluating school requirements, identifying operational gaps, gathering required data and agreeing the plan for implementation.
- Take ownership of delivery of the implementation plan, including responsibility for technical configuration of the product, desktop configuration and network integration.
- Where required take ownership of the design and implementation of new Infrastructure Services through use of the Design Authority and Infrastructure Engineering delivery processes.
- Participate in the Change Management process, including review, planning and delivery of approved changes.
- Liaise with the schools to facilitate resolution of operational problems and change requests and provide appropriate training and technical support.
- Take ownership of infrastructure incidents, ensuring appropriate priorities are set, required resources are engaged and regular communication is in place.
- Manage the infrastructure support incident queue to ensure timely resolution of escalated incidents.
- Provide clear impact assessment and follow up actions for incidents using knowledge of operational processes captured through regular meetings with the schools.
- Ensure division of responsibilities is well-maintained between 1st, 2nd and 3rd line teams.
- Monitor and improve the approach taken by staff when handling support tickets.
- Act as a point of escalation to troubleshoot and resolve issues as required.
- Handle communications across NAE for major incidents.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures, developing new procedures as required and ensure adherence.
- Manage the fulfilment of standard requests, ensuring the maintenance and communication of the Service Catalogue.
- Manage infrastructure updates covering communication to business departments, training of business and IT departments, co-ordination of the application updates and provision of operational support plans.
- Evaluate current vendor services and recommend improvements to the scope of supply based on strategic objectives.
- Ensure adequate consideration and evaluation is undertaken in relation to service capacity, availability and continuity.
- Carry out other tasks as agreed.
- Typically at least 5 years of infrastructure support management experience and 2 years project management experience, in roles that require involvement and understanding of infrastructure delivery. Aware of industry and professional standards. Requires a thorough knowledge and understanding of information systems, including Microsoft 365, Azure, networking and cloud services. Directed and managed large complex infrastructure projects, supervising and/or leading other professional IT staff.
- Familiar with project & Security methodologies such as PRINCE2 and ISO27001. Detailed knowledge of a broad range of infrastructure technologies (e.g. VMWare, Cisco Meraki, Firewalls, internet filtering, LAN and WAN technologies, monitoring and diagnostic tools, Unix and Windows.
- Effective at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation and developing an approach to interacting with the situation.
- Needs to keep overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not be deflected by matters of detail.
When you join a Nord Anglia Education school, you join a global community of more than 10,000 people working together to support our students’ success. We offer you unsurpassed opportunities to innovate and develop best practice across our family, to access extensive professional development, and to gain exceptional experience and career development in our schools. At Nord Anglia, you will have opportunities to progress more, learn more, and collaborate more.
We offer career and development opportunities that come with being part of our global organisation. Nord Anglia University unites our team through a vibrant online platform which harnesses the collective expertise of their peers in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. We also provide extensive online and face-to-face professional development through Nord Anglia University to ensure that our employees don’t just maintain their skills, they develop at the cutting edge of educational thinking.
Alongside great training and a competitive package, you’ll enjoy the chance to live and work in one of the worlds' most vibrant cities.
At NAE we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both Country of residence/birth and any Country of residence within the last 10 years.