College Alpin Beau Soleil is seeking to recruit an
HR Manager (70-100%)
At Beau Soleil, we believe it’s what you do that counts. This philosophy holds true both for our students and our staff, from the classroom to the boarding houses, out into our extraordinary alpine environment and way beyond. Whether you are a member of our administration or support staff, a teacher, or working in one of our boarding houses, we are a school that believes in the power of action, engagement and participation.
Students at Beau Soleil experience a unique holistic education which is built around four core values: Respect, Responsibility, Ambition and Determination. These values underpin all that we do, providing a strong moral compass to our diverse international community, which is made up of students from nearly sixty countries around the world.
Beau Soleil offers curricula in both English and French, following International Baccalaureate and High School Diploma Programmes. Students also participate in a world class range of service and adventure trips and expeditions, designed to build their personal resilience, character and compassion. Our summer camp programme, held in July, gives campers the opportunity to gain an insight into an education at Beau Soleil.
Beau Soleil is a member of the Nord Anglia Education group of schools, giving staff access to a worldwide network of schools, benefitting from the professional training opportunities of the world’s leading premium schools organisation.
As a full boarding school, a supportive and friendly community is at the heart of the Beau Soleil experience for staff and students alike. We believe in growing talent and supporting our staff in their career paths, and professional development and training opportunities abound.
Our modern campus offers an exceptional working environment in the heart of Villars-sur-Ollon. With easy access to our beautiful local environment there are outstanding opportunities for skiing in the winter and outdoor pursuits in the summer. All staff are encouraged to participate actively in school life, strengthening the sense of community by sharing the experience of expeditions, challenges, activities and events throughout the year.
Students and staff share a real sense of pride in the school and its achievements: a pride that we hope you will see if you visit us for interview.
You are an experienced HR professional who can deliver high-quality HR support and counsel, holding at least a Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or Swiss Certification in personnel management. With a minimum of three years of relevant experience in Switzerland, you will have a strong knowledge of Swiss labour law and regulations, social insurance legislation and practice.
With a professional level of French and English, you will be comfortable working in both languages and keen to bring your experience to the benefit of the Beau Soleil Team.
With the support of an HR Assistant, key responsibilities include:
• working closely with the principal to implement an HR strategy in order to take school to the next level;
• working strategically and collaboratively with school managers and directors to implement all aspects of HR management;
• designing, developing and implementing best practices, policies, processes and tools to support the objectives of the school;
• proactively guiding and supporting school leaders with staff management;
• providing payroll related instructions to the Payroll Manager;
• analysis of salary, headcount, holidays and absences, with monthly reporting to Nord Anglia Education;
• developing attractive compensation and benefits guidelines in line with school budget;
• analysing recruitment needs, leading and coordinating the recruitment process;
• reviewing and ensuring the best recruitment channels for open positions;
• responsibility for employee induction and integration process;
• leading performance review process, supporting managers with tools and training;
• follow-up on performance issues and implementation of individual plans;
• coordinating and leading the biennial employee engagement survey;
• implementing and maintaining employee data systems;
• coordinating and implementing Nord Anglia Education projects;
• Ensuring all administrative tasks relating to employees are handled efficiently;
• Ensuring legal compliancy on all employment matters.
How to apply
Applications should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees, and should be made via the Beau Soleil website at www.beausoleil.ch/en/about-us/employment-opportunities
The College is committed to protecting and promoting the well-being of children. The selected candidate will be required to submit an extract from his or her criminal record.
The closing date for applications is 27 November 2020, with a start date to be agreed