Principal, BRITISH SCHOOL YANGON, MYANMAR
NORD ANGLIA EDUCATION
About the School
The British School Yangon (BSY) was founded in 2014 and has quickly become the school of choice for expatriate and Myanmar parents, looking for an international education. Our school has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, a strong sense of community and high academic standards. We deliver the English National Curriculum, adapted to an international environment and we pride ourselves on our personalized approach to education, inspiring our students to build a strong foundation of skills and knowledge which they will continue to develop throughout their schooling.
We currently educate students between the ages of 2 to 18, offering classes from Pre-Nursery Pupils follow the English National Curriculum throughout the school, a highly regarded system of learning and examination. Secondary students will take the (I)GCSE and A Level examinations, equipping them to study anywhere in the world.
Yangon is the main city for expatriate families living and working in Myanmar. It is a large, stimulating and exciting destination that offers a wide variety of experiences. The school has made significant investment in its building and educational resources over the years. As of August 2018 the school relocated to a purpose-built, state-of-the-art facility in order to cater for the expansion into Year 10 and beyond. The campus is conveniently located close to Inya Lake on Taw Win Street, opposite Victoria hospital, and giving Early Years, Primary and Secondary students the opportunity to be located on a single site.
We are the only school in Myanmar to offer the unique global opportunities that are available through the Nord Anglia Education family of 68 schools around the world. Our students and staff benefit from Nord Anglia’s exclusive programmes, including our Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and collaborations with The Juilliard School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and UNICEF.
We are seeking a talented, internationally experienced leader in education to continue to build upon the excellent work our school has done to date. The Principal will inspire, lead, develop and manage all aspects of school life, including playing a key role in nurturing the values and culture of the school. Critical to their success will be the continued delivery of the school’s educational offer and unerring focus on achieving the very highest standards and building strong purposeful relationships within the community.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent communicator and compelling story-teller
- Understand how to blend the best of premium education with contemporary international thinking to maintain a distinctive positioning for the school
- Understand that leading learning is at the heart of school leadership and will build a team committed to delivering this
- Drive the marketing and admissions process of the school with passion and a focus on quality that grows both the school and the school’s reputation
- Collaborate and build high performing teams, inspiring sustainable relationships
- Engage with students, teachers, parents and community leaders in a manner that is open, inclusive and conveys the values of NAE
- Manage financial budgets and commercial aspects of the school with astuteness and engage with, and contribute successfully to the wider organisation
- Demonstrate the ability to create and execute a strategic plan and manage complex projects
What we offer
When you join a Nord Anglia Education school, you join a global community of more than 13,500 people working together to support our students’ success. We offer you:
- Unsurpassed opportunities to innovate and develop best practice across our family of schools
- Access to extensive professional development
- The opportunity to gain exceptional experience and career development
Our promise is that you will have opportunities to progress more, learn more, and collaborate more.
As a part of our family, you will be a valued member of our Senior Leadership Team which helps shape the vision and drive the success of Nord Anglia Education. Professional and personal development is part of our DNA and so you will be supported by education experts and other committed professionals through Nord Anglia University and our leadership programs. Additionally, we offer competitive remuneration, relocation assistance and a comprehensive induction into our organization.
We welcome committed and inspirational candidates to join our growing family of schools. We seek people who are passionate about education and have the skills and experience to make a signiﬁcant impact on our students and school communities.
To submit an application please apply with a CV and cover letter.
Deadline: Friday 2nd October