College Alpin Beau Soleil is seeking to recruit a
From September 2023 to June 2024
At Beau Soleil, we believe it’s what you do that counts. This philosophy holds true in all that we do as staff and for our students. We are a community that believes in the power of action, engagement and participation, inside and outside of the classroom. Our unique holistic education is built around four core values: Respect, Responsibility, Ambition and Determination, which provide a framework to community life for our international student body. Our students come from over fifty different countries, with diverse academic backgrounds and a wide range of future aspirations. With curricular programmes in both English and French, students graduate with an IB or Advanced Studies Diploma. Within this framework, small class sizes allow for a flexible programme and staff are encouraged and supported to bring new ideas to all that they do.
Our location in the heart of Villars-sur-Ollon, offers an enviable lifestyle with access to skiing in the winter months and a multitude of outdoor and sporting activities throughout the year. Montreux, Lausanne and Geneva are all within easy reach for cultural adventures and inspiration. The Beau Soleil campus is an inspiring place to work with facilities that are second to none. Our ongoing campus development and maintenence programme ensures that our students and staff thrive in an environment of which they can be rightly proud.
As a Boarding Assistant, you will be a member of the house team in one of our six boarding houses, supporting the Housemaster/mistress (HM) and Deputy Housemaster/mistress (DHM). This is a residential post, and you will live either in one of our boarding houses or in accommodation nearby. The key purpose of this role is to provide high-quality care, support and guidance to students in the boarding house. In addition, there are extensive opportunities for involvement in other areas of school life such as supporting students in lessons and helping to run extra-curricular and weekend activities (including the ski programme during the winter term). This role is intended to include significant training and development opportunities, particularly suitable for those considering a career in education or other roles that involve working with children and teenagers.
- Working with the HM and DHM to ensure the successful running of the house to provide the best possible care and experience for the students in the house
- Getting to know the students in the house and supporting them as individuals
- Being an active, dynamic and positive presence in the house during the course of the day and evening
- Assisting with house administration as required
- Extensive involvement in the weekend programme
- 6-8 lessons a week supporting in lessons
- Supporting two activities or sports teams across the year
- Overnight supervision in the Boarding House
- Helping at La Sionnaire during the Winter
season (chalet on the ski slopes)
- Study supervision
- Working alongside the Health Centre team to provide support and take students to doctors/ dental appointments
- Reception duties
- Airport transfers
- Attend weekly Training and Support Meetings
- Any other duties which may be required from time to time by the School
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified to degree level
- English native speaker or high level of English comprehension. Good level of French is helpful but not essential
- Good IT skills
- Experience of working with young people in a residential setting is helpful but not essential
- Ability to ski is helpful but not essential
- Enthusiasm and willingness to get involved in a wide variety of activities
- A team player
- Proactive and willing to take the initiative
- Confident communication skills
- Good organisation and planning skills
- A good sense of humour
- Ability to form good working relationships within the house team, boarding team and across the school
- Willingness to follow an internal CPD programme during the course of the year
WHAT WE OFFER
- A 10 month fixed contract, from September 2023 to June 2024
- Accommodation is included for the duration of your contract (subject to social charges)
- Food is included during term time (subject to social charges)
- Basic health insurance (Lamal) is provided and paid for by the College
- Full season ski pass and equipment hire provided
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be made via Beau Soleil recruitment website at www.beausoleil.ch/ en/about-us/employment-opportunities and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st, 2023.
Successful short-listed candidates will be contacted straight away with initial discussions conducted remotely by telephone or video call.
Collège Alpin Beau Soleil is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. A police check is required prior to appointment.