School Nurse at 100%
College Alpin Beau Soleil is looking to appoint a School Nurse who is responsible to provide a clinically effective, high-quality service of nursing care and health promotion to students.
Under the responsibility of our Head Nurse your main Key responsibilities are:
- Supervise the medical room (including care of sick, injured and distressed individuals until better and further care can be arranged with parents, hospital, dispense drugs as appropriate etc.)
- Review, monitor and record the health status of all students on entry to school
- Organization and delivery of vaccinations
- Work with teachers to identify children with particular developmental concerns, assess their health status and refer to specialist services where necessary
- Work with parents, carers, specialist health professionals and others to develop, implement and monitor in-school care plans for students with complex health needs and long-term conditions
- Implement and maintain arrangements for first-aid provision to comply with statutory requirements
- Monitor/maintain and update student medical/health records on school and group core data base
- Contribute to the development of School emergency/business continuity plans include a response to outbreaks of communicable diseases
- Coordinate the transportation of students to outpatient appointments
- Conduct substance abuse screening tests in line with school policy and procedures
- Provide out-of-hours ‘on call’ advice and in extremely rare circumstances provide 24 hours cover in the medical centre
- Play an active role in health promotion through the planning, delivery and support of the school Welfare program
- Maintain good communication with the boarding staff to ensure that students who are unwell receive appropriate and timely care and medication
- Ensure that the medical room, medical facilities, defibrillator, and first aid kits throughout the school are maintained to meet the school’s requirements
- HES Diploma in Nursing or equivalent and recognized by the Swiss Government
- Fluent in French & English (speaking, reading and writing)
- At least 3 years of experience as Nurse
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Reliability and attention to detail
- Sens of discretion
- Ability to organize time and priorities
- Able to work quickly and to deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable
- Energetic and enthusiastic
Our school nurse is working from Tuesday to Saturday and will have 10 weeks holidays per year.
Start Date: TBD
Applications should be made via Beau Soleil recruitment website at http://www.beausoleil.ch/en/about-us/employment-opportunities and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees. The closing date is 15 June 2021. Successful short listed candidates will be contacted straight away with initial discussions conducted remotely by telephone or video call.
College Alpin Beau Soleil is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Police check is required prior to appointment.