College Alpin Beau Soleil is seeking to recruit a
Start date: June 2022 or to be discussed
At Beau Soleil, we believe it’s what you do that counts. This philosophy holds true in all that we do as staff and for our students. We are a community that believes in the power of action, engagement and participation, inside and outside of the classroom.
Our unique holistic education is built around four core values: Respect, Responsibility, Ambition and Determination, which provide a framework to community life for our international student body. Our students come from over fifty different countries, with diverse academic backgrounds and a wide range of future aspirations.
With curricular programmes in both English and French, students graduate with an IB or Advanced Studies Diploma. Within this framework, small class sizes allow for a flexible programme and staff are encouraged and supported to bring new ideas to all that they do.
Our location in the heart of Villars-sur-Ollon, offers an enviable lifestyle with access to skiing in the winter months and a multitude of outdoor and sporting activities throughout the year. Montreux, Lausanne and Geneva are all within easy reach for cultural adventures and inspiration.
The Beau Soleil campus is an inspiring place to work with facilities that are second to none. Our ongoing campus development and maintenance programme ensures that our students and staff thrive in an environment of which they can be rightly proud.
You are an experienced Receptionist with excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and French. As you are the first image of Collège Alpin Beau Soleil when visitors arrive, you are friendly and work with enthusiasm. You know how to prioritise tasks, manage your time efficiently and make a point of helping people find solutions.
Your main responsibilities
- Answers phone calls and manages the school general inbox
- Welcome visitors to campus and manages the visitor sign-in process
- Answer to different requests from staff and families per phone or email
- Management of petty cash
- Management of post including sorting and distribution of mail
- Opens reception during student arrival days and other special events
- Other administrative tasks as required
- Help the admission department with preparation of documents for student visa requests and management of student residency permit process
- Help the transport department with arranging taxis
- Fluent in French & English (speaking, reading and writing), any other language is an asset
- High school diploma with administrative or tourism diploma
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- 3 years experience as Receptionist and Administrative work
- Experience in a school environment is a plus but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent presentation and smiling person
- Reliability and attention to detail
- Ability to organize time and priorities
- Speed and stress resistant
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Friendly and flexible
How to apply
Applications should be made via Beau Soleil recruitment website at www.beausoleil.ch/en/about-us/employmentopportunities and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees.
The closing date for applications is May 1st 2022. Successful short listed candidates will be contacted straight away with initial discussions conducted remotely by telephone or video call.
College Alpin Beau Soleil is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment.