Collège Alpin Beau Soleil is seeking to recruit a School Shop Manager at 100%
The School Shop Manager is responsible to manage and run the school shop, providing a high-quality service to students, staff and parents within the school, sourcing and selling a wide variety of uniform and other items appropriate for a prestigious boarding school.
Main Duties involve the following:
- Exploring new options for extending the Beau Soleil branded range of items and to develop the Beau Soleil brand.
- Being influential in the design and outfitting of the new shop location
- Developing an interface with the community beyond Beau Soleil by opening for visitors and residents of the town and by developing a global market through internet sales
- Managing the stock including ordering and maintaining inventories
- Managing the shop floor creating appealing displays of uniform and other merchandise
- Ensuring the shop is open during the day at appropriate times and maintaining clear communication with students and house staff
- Ensuring smooth uniform distribution to all students through the year including the large intake of new students at the start of the school year
- Managing the student bank for collection of pocket money
- Working with Faculty leaders to ensure that relevant classroom supplies are available in stock
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- High school diploma with commercial business diploma or equivalent
- Experience of working commerce, shop front, accounts, buying and selling.
- Experience of stock management or procurement is an advantage.
- Experience of a school environment is a bonus, but not essential.
- A creative individual who has strong communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Personal ambition and aspiration on behalf of the shop and brand.
- Willingness to embrace and initiate change and innovation.
- The ability to work in English and French
- A strong sense of detail and organisation
- A wish to be part of the school community and work with young people
- A commitment to quality.
- Someone who is confident in managing cash, stock and accounts.
- Start of the contract: End of January
- Work rate: full time during term time and possibility to reduce during school holidays
How to apply:
Applications should be made via Beau Soleil recruitment website at http://www.beausoleil.ch/en/about-us/employment-opportunities and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees.
The school has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced police check