Required for September 2019: Data Manager
As Data Manager you will work closely with the Academic and Pastoral teams to manage and develop the use of school information systems including iSAMS, Firefly and CHQ. You will also support the work of the Director of Studies with regards to reporting, testing and data tracking and analysis. You will also take a key role in the development of the school timetable, inputting data and liaising with the Director of Studies and Principal as appropriate.
- Supporting and promoting the use of iSAMS by staff, providing staff training and support literature specific to the schools use of iSAMS where necessary;
- Liaising with iSAMS engineers in the UK and local IT Support for development and technical issues;
- Provide training and support to every level of user ability;
- Provide liaison between academic staff and the technical team regards iSAMS and other school developments to facilitate school operational activities;
- Recommending action to strengthen internal controls;
- Anticipating potential issues and proposing solutions;
- Develop the communication to pupils and parents of the data within the MIS;
- Manage the school reporting cycles with attention to detail.
- Provide regular data drops to academic leadership team, managing data input, transfer and the production of statistics following internal and external examinations
- Manage the Parent portal access on the school’s VLE (Firefly)
- Provide support to the academic team on the effective use of Firefly and CHQ
Experience and skills:
- Experience of managing and developing data systems (preferably iSAMS)
- An experience with any MIS within a UK and/or International school context
- Experience of timetabling systems and structures; preferably “Timetabler”
- Familiarity with SQL programming language in order to generate and modify reports and thus analyse data held within iSAMS
- Strong analysis skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy when compiling data
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be made via the Nord Anglia Education recruitment website at http://www.beausoleil.ch/en/about-us/employment-opportunities and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees. Only EU passport holder will be able to obtain Swiss work permit.
The closing date for applications is July 5th. Early applications are strongly encouraged. Successful short listed candidates will be contacted straight away with initial discussions conducted remotely by telephone or Skype. A second round of interviews will take place soon afterwards at the school.
College Alpin Beau Soleil is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment