Required for September 2019: Science Laboratory Technician
You will be independent and organised, and qualified to at least A-Level standard in science, and preferably Chemistry. You should enjoy working in a team and working with children and young people. You should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting all areas of science teaching and be computer literate, including the use of Excel. Some flexibility and good humour will be required, and you will be need to acquire a basic level of French in order to purchase items from the local area.
- Preparation and provision of equipment for lessons, including advising teachers and providing demos as necessary.
- Maintenance, preparation and cleaning of laboratory equipment.
- Maintenance of storage systems and stock control.
- Purchase of new materials as necessary and responsibility for the Petty Cash budget.
- Working with teachers to ensure that Health and Safety are paramount, and keeping Risk Assessments updated.
- Working with the Head of Department to maintain and improve all aspects of administration, storage & provision.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to work with individual students and offer after-school science clubs, activities and trips.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be made via the Nord Anglia Education recruitment website at http://www.beausoleil.ch/en/about-us/employment-opportunities and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees. Only EU passport holder will be able to obtain Swiss work permit.
The closing date for applications is June 30th. Early applications are strongly encouraged. Successful short listed candidates will be contacted straight away with initial discussions conducted remotely by telephone or Skype. A second round of interviews will take place soon afterwards at the school.