College Alpin Beau Soleil is looking to appoint a Librarian at 90%. .This position request a 100% work during term time but paid at 90%. The difference will be compensated with holidays (approx. 10 weeks per year).
Your main Key responsibilities:
- Welcome each visitor and engage with them to ensure appropriate support is offered
- Ensure sufficient and appropriate provision of resources in terms of language, language level, genre, reading age, interest age, content and presentation
- Manage suggestions and requests for new resources
- Liaise in particular with teachers and students about acquisition of new resources
- Continually develop and weed Library resources to ensure readability, currency, accuracy and suitability
- Promote the Library as a centralised resource centre
- Efficiently process resources, including the ordering of appropriate stationery and book covers
- Maintain the Library Management System (LMS) up-to-date and use accurate and user-friendly data
- Efficiently manage loans and returns
- Maintain the Library pages on the School’s intranet up-to-date and use accurate and user-friendly presentation and data
- Manage and efficiently process book orders for the Library, Faculties and individuals, in particular the bulk order for Faculties for the start of each school year
- Actively promote and encourage the practice of reading
- Teach, promote and encourage research skills, academic honesty and referencing, and study skills; support for IBDP students writing Extended Essays
- Manage the use of the Library
- Graduate of any discipline interested in pursuing a career in libraries and information services
- Previous experience as a Librarian, preferably in a school
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and accuracy, sense of initiative and responsibility
- Interest in teaching and learning environments, including the desire to work with and help students and teachers
- Ability to work in French and English
- High personal standards
- Professional tact, diplomacy and presentation with administrators, staff, teachers, students, parents and community members
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- At ease with technology.
How to Apply
Applications should be made via the Nord Anglia Education recruitment website at http://www.beausoleil.ch/en/about-us/employment-opportunities and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees.
College Alpin Beau Soleil is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Police check is required prior to appointment.