The Shell and Shell Affiliated School’s Annual Pool Recruitment is now open!
We are seeking classroom teachers that are passionate about learning!
About our Schools
The Shell Group of Companies operates several schools providing high quality education to children from the age of 3 to 12 years, with some schools extending their provision to Middle Years. Shell and Shell affiliated schools set out to provide education to enable children to reach and maintain the highest possible standards. All of the schools are international schools, serving internationally mobile employees who work for Shell and its joint venture partners. Each school is managed by the local Shell operating unit, centrally guided by Shell Education Services Department based at Shell Headquarters in The Hague and supported by Fieldwork Education.
For information about each school, please visit: www.wclgroup.com and follow the links to Shell / Shell Schools.
About our Teachers
Shell and Shell affiliated schools have a global reputation for attracting and retaining teachers and leaders that strive to make a difference to children’s learning. It is our aim to, ‘through excellent teaching and organisation, maximise learning in a way that enables children to achieve high social, personal and academic standards, enjoy learning, adapt to other education systems and develop both a national and an international perspective.’
About our Requirements
Professional qualifications and experience:
• Certified teaching status through a recognised qualification such as a degree in Education, PGCE or equivalent
• Proven work experience in education
• Proven experience of teaching an English medium curriculum at Early Years, Primary or Middle Years level, and preferably, but not essential, experience of teaching an international curriculum
• Proven experience and a deep knowledge of current best-practice in the field of teaching, learning and classroom management
Professional knowledge, skills and understanding:
• Knowledge, skills and understanding of professional practices that relate to diverse and international contexts
• An ability to demonstrate an international mindset and work in a positive and collaborative manner with internal and external stakeholders
• An ability to work within a team
About our Curriculum
All Shell and Shell affiliated schools implement the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC). Mathematics and Language teaching and learning is guided by the National Curriculum for England. Schools with Middle Years provision implement the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC).
About Applying to the Shell and Shell Affiliated School’s Pool
Applicants meeting our requirements will be invited to a preliminary telephone interview. Candidates who are successful in these interviews will be offered a place in the 2018-19, Shell and Shell affiliated Pool.
Depending on vacant positions and location specific requirements, candidates in the Shell and Shell affiliated Pool may be shortlisted and invited to attend a final interview led by head teachers. Final interviews are offered on either a face-to-face or virtual basis and most vacancies are for the following academic year.
Candidates who are not shortlisted remain in the Shell and Shell affiliated Pool and may be considered for further positions that arise during the academic year.
About our offers of employment
Shell and Shell affiliated schools offer:
• Highly competitive salaries and benefits packages
• Exciting professional challenges
• Support of a large multi-national company.
Offers of employment are subject to various visa requirements and local rules and legislation in the country of employment. Contracts, remuneration and benefits may vary according to location.
How to apply to the Shell and Shell Affiliated School’s Pool
If you meet our requirements for teaching in a Shell and Shell affiliated school, we welcome your application. The closing date for applications is noon (UK time) Monday 1st October 2018.
We will be conducting preliminary Skype/telephone interviews during October and November.
It is essential that all parts of the application form are completed, and relevant documents are uploaded.
EARLY APPLICATIONS ARE ENCOURAGED
Shell and Shell affiliated schools operate in: Brunei, Nigeria, Oman and Russia