Sakhalin International School is seeking to appoint an outstanding learning-focused Middle Years / Secondary teacher to support its Middle Years programme, using the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) to guide learning.
The school has a reputation for high quality student learning (it was the first school to be Accredited at Mastering in the IPC 2nd Edition Self Review) and currently follows the National Curriculum for England for English and Mathematics. From Early Years to Year 6, the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC) are the framework for learning in all other subjects.
To support the school, we are seeking an inspirational and ambitious teacher, keen to shape the future of the school and able to deliver high quality learning to students in the Middle Years phase and support other subjects in the Upper Primary phase.
You will need to have:
• A degree, or post-graduate qualification in education
• Experience of teaching at Middle Years and/or Secondary School level
• Experience of teaching in more than one specialist area, specifically:
Art / Design and Technology / Technology (Digital Learning)
Mathematics / Science
• Passion and commitment to deliver high quality learning
• The ability to work in a location that is part of a close-knit international community
• An understanding of the needs of a company school
Sakhalin International School offers exciting professional challenges for teachers who share the school’s vision of ‘Challenging the potential of each child, Sakhalin International School is a community where a learner’s reflective thinking - through personal qualities, academic rigour and international perspectives - supports their future as an accountable global citizen’.
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive school, you will be remunerated with a competitive package, including:
· A competitive tax-free salary
· An allowance to purchase own medical insurance
· Relocation assistance
· Free or subsidised education for dependent children in location within the schooling age provided by the school
Employment terms will be on a two-year contract with an extension option.
If you are successful, you will be asked to apply for an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (you can find further details on www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs) or for a police check/clearance from your home/resident country.
Offer of employment is subject to visa requirements and local rules and legislation. A final offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory police check, medical check and visa approval.
To find out more about Sakhalin International School, please visit: www.sakhalinschool.net
Closing date: Friday 14th April 2018 at 12.00 GMT.