Finance / Customer Service Officer
The British International School, Abu Dhabi (BIS Abu Dhabi) is a premium quality, highly successful school which operates with a highly motivated team of teaching and administrative professionals at its heart. BIS Abu Dhabi educates over 1750 students between the ages of 3 and 18, representing more than 70 nationalities. The school is a member of the Nord Anglia Education family of schools.
We are looking for a driven personality who will advocate and commit in providing excellent customer service and financial/accounting support within the School’s Finance department. This is a customer facing role requiring excellent interpersonal skills.
As a qualified Finance/Customer Service Officer you will thrive in the role, combining day-to-day customer focused activities and finance services. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the position will be involved in the customer billing process and liaising with customers/parents with regard to any financial queries. Also, in supporting teachers and the Principal and liaising with parents and pupils to ensure all tasks and responsibilities are complete. The successful candidate will also have a responsibility for ensuring the timely issuance and collection of school fees, and be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the debt management process.
The ideal candidate will have a solid knowledge of financial accounting duties and standards, particularly from the local market perspective.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Sales/Billing ledger processing
- Fee invoicing on a timely basis in accordance with BIS & ADEK guidelines
- Debt management and collection of over AED 50 m
- Cash and banking handling and processing, this may include point-of-sale processing
- Petty cash processing
- Expense claims authorisation and processing
- Supporting procurement and supplier processing and payment when required
- Liaising with the Marketing and Admissions department to ensure student database is maintained
- Periodic reporting of sales ledger, including debtors reporting
- Developing/maintaining user-friendly reports
- Acting as the key interface with pupils and parents, building a strong and supportive relationship to attain objectives
The ideal candidate will be based in Abu Dhabi and will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or any financial related field
- A minimum of 3 years accounting or finance experience
- A native English speaking professional is desirable, as is
- Experience in education or a learning environment
This is a permanent position, on local hire basis, starting in March 2018.